FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

Any time I play audio over USB, i am hit with a bunch of digital artifacts and pitch shifting every 10 seconds. Same thing with any recorded audio.

me too! what a disaster for playing with a backing track ? I never had this with 1.03...it sounds like everything goes out of tune every 10 seconds along with a crackling sound. Also..it says my internal temps is 116! degrees but my system does not feel warm at all. Should i roll back to 1.03?

Last edited:
I am also having issues with USB audio playback after updating to 1.05. I’ve tried everything I could think of (deleted and reinstalled drivers, changed buffer size, optimized Windows 10 for audio, etc.) with no Improvement. The new firmware now allows my DAW to recognize my FM3 but I have all sorts of audio glitches when playing back any audio through the FM3, whether from Studio One or other applications. The sound “slows down” and starts crackling considerably every few minutes. This was not happening with 1.03 or 1.04.
Exactly what is happening to me with windows 10

since updating to 1.05 I've had the corresponding FM3 edit lock up on win 10, requiring reboot of the FM3, otherwise it shows connecting and then "communicating" endlessly.

This has happened 3 times now since update. Rebooting the FM3 resets whatever is causing it.

The FM3 itself does not lock up.

since updating to 1.05 I've had the corresponding FM3 edit lock up on win 10, requiring reboot of the FM3, otherwise it shows connecting and then "communicating" endlessly.

This has happened 3 times now since update. Rebooting the FM3 resets whatever is causing it.

The FM3 itself does not lock up.
+1. Right after the initial 1.05 FW and FM3-Edit update, FM3-Edit showed connected but was communicating endlessly (then showed some error message I think? I might be misremembering). I think I rebooted the FM3 but it didn't work..? So I restarted the computer, and since then no problem for me.

No latency or freezes with 1.05... and never experienced any fan/temperature problems

Thanks FAS, hopefully it will soon correct the issues some are having. Just wanted to share that 1.05 seems solid for my unit and corrected the problems I had

So, I have gigs the next two weekends. Which is the most stable FW to run? I am on 1.04 now. BTW, running Edit on my Mac.

So, I have gigs the next two weekends. Which is the most stable FW to run? I am on 1.04 now. BTW, running Edit on my Mac.

it seems it depends... In my case (running daw and edit on win10) this is the best functioning fw update. Editor run smoothly, no latency, no freezes on unit with heavy cpu presets

At this point, the FM3 is staying home until I can guarantee it’s not going to crap out on me during a gig. I guess I’ll be using the HX Stomp for the next few gigs.

While I had the latest 1.05's FM3 edit lock up on my PC while connected to USB, the FM3 did not have any problems and was fully functional including editing and saving on the FM3 directly in which I spent about 40 hours with the unit on over the last few days.

I also had and rehearsal last night for 4 hours and it performed as well as my Axe-Fx II has for the last 7 years, so I wouldn't hesitate to gig with it, however its always a good idea to have a backup solution of some kind.

IMHO, the issues seem to be USB related only.

Mine w
Temperature sounds fine. Remember, it's reporting CPU temperature now, not ambient.
Mine was running 136 degrees at practice. I believe that's below the temp when the fan comes on. Anyway, I wonder if turning the screen brightness all the way down would help with the heat? Its bright enough for me all the way down. I'm not really worried that much about the temperature, mine seems fine but if you're in a hot environment, I wonder if that would help it run a little cooler?

Trying to update to 5.0 (corrected to 1.05) but I am having communications errors with Fractal Bot. Worked before (I updated to 04 and rolled back to 03 about a week ago). Could it be because I installed the latest AxEdit first from a prompt on FM3-Edit?

Right now when I hit the button to transfer the update file in Fractal Bot it checks the "transferring the file" box but does nothing. There is no download progress and no change on the FM3 screen. Thought it might be because I have the FC-6 plugged in but unplugging that gives same result.

Last edited:
Trying to update to 5.0 but I am having communications errors with Fractal Bot. Worked before (I updated to 04 and rolled back to 03 about a week ago). Could it be because I installed the latest AxEdit first from a prompt on FM3-Edit?

Right now when I hit the button to transfer the update file in Fractal Bot it checks the "transferring the file" box but does nothing. There is no download progress and no change on the FM3 screen. Thought it might be because I have the FC-6 plugged in but unplugging that gives same result.
5.0?? Do you mean 1.05?

Trying to update to 5.0 (corrected to 1.05) but I am having communications errors with Fractal Bot. Worked before (I updated to 04 and rolled back to 03 about a week ago). Could it be because I installed the latest AxEdit first from a prompt on FM3-Edit?

I'm having this same issue. I'm attempting to update to 1.05. I've tried multiple times but keep getting an error message that says "No response received. Please ensure the device is connected and powered on, then try again."

1593983253382.png

I'm having this same issue. I'm attempting to update to 1.05. I've tried multiple times but keep getting an error message that says "No response received. Please ensure the device is connected and powered on, then try again."

View attachment 69764
[/QUOTE

I resolved this by rebooting both computer and FM3. Then when I started Fractalbot, it had an option within it to update to 1.05. That worked. Using the rebooted Fractalbot to find the 1.05 sysex file I downloaded yesterday, did NOT work though. Only the link in the program worked.

Back
Top Bottom