FM3 FC-6 carry bag or case options

Here's how both can fit into a Pelican Air 1535 Carry-On. I have other stuff underneath in electronics organizer bags - there's plenty of room for cables and small accessories. Not a cheap solution but for me it means I won't worry if I have to check it as baggage. Or be concerned about breakage when drummers help load my gear. 🤣 View attachment 66226View attachment 66227View attachment 66228

hello i have that same Pelican with my AX8 and i’m thinking of buying FM3/FC6 but i use the lid organizer. Will they fit putting things in the lid organizer? I also put the EV-2 inside with the AX8, will it be possible with FM3/FC6?

Because they're rarely large enough.
The one's made for 18" laptops might work. It would certainly hold an FM3 and a few pedals along with cables, straps, strings, picks, capos, etc. Just an idea, it might not work but it does for me. I have one where the middle splits open like a suitcase with a divider for the FM3 and a pedal. I use the other compartments as mentioned above.

The one's made for 18" laptops might work. It would certainly hold an FM3 and a few pedals along with cables, straps, strings, picks, capos, etc. Just an idea, it might not work but it does for me. I have one where the middle splits open like a suitcase with a divider for the FM3 and a pedal. I use the other compartments as mentioned above.
True, you can fit an FM3 or an FC6 in many laptop bags. But the OP wants to carry both at once. That's where it gets tricky.

hello i have that same Pelican with my AX8 and i’m thinking of buying FM3/FC6 but i use the lid organizer. Will they fit putting things in the lid organizer? I also put the EV-2 inside with the AX8, will it be possible with FM3/FC6?

I imagine it would work, but I couldn't tell you for sure since I don't have the lid organizer. Your best bet is to measure everything. But if your AX8 fits with it, the FM3/FC6 likely would?

Came today. It’s perfect. All the needed cables and an EV2 fit in the top.

They do good work. We had fun batting ideas back and forth for that bag.

I'm on the ELIS.8 waitlist for their stereo bundle, and intend to have Studio Slips make a bag for both cabinets. Haven't decided if I want one big bag for both, or two smaller bags, one for each one.

Came today. It’s perfect. All the needed cables and an EV2 fit in the top.

Is this the “Fractal Audio FM3 + FC6 Gig Bag With Separator Included #13078” that’s listed on the Studio Slips website? Did you add any customization?

Is this the “Fractal Audio FM3 + FC6 Gig Bag With Separator Included #13078” that’s listed on the Studio Slips website? Did you add any customization?
It's mostly the same bag. When I ordered the original I had them do several things they hadn't tried such as the slots to add additional protection on either side, and the inner divider. I think they dropped the slots in the bag on their site, but I'm sure the slots are an option if you want them. The inner divider appears to be "standard" for that bag. I also ordered both the handle and the shoulder strap and that's usually a choice of one or the other.

It's mostly the same bag. When I ordered the original I had them do several things they hadn't tried such as the slots to add additional protection on either side, and the inner divider. I think they dropped the slots in the bag on their site, but I'm sure the slots are an option if you want them. The inner divider appears to be "standard" for that bag. I also ordered both the handle and the shoulder strap and that's usually a choice of one or the other.

Thanks for the info. This bag looks like the best option I’ve seen for transporting the FM3/FC6 combo.

Thanks for the info. This bag looks like the best option I’ve seen for transporting the FM3/FC6 combo.
Why thank you! I like it.

Prior to the virus hitting, we’d spend about a month on driving vacations annually, and I wanted to drag an electric guitar so I could find jams, and also practice quietly when we’d hit our destinations. The FM3+FC6 was a better combination than the little solid state amp I was going to use but I knew I’d occasionally leave it buried under our other travel baggage so it needed to be compact and padded and easy to fit into an odd corner. I like Studioslips, so I told them my ideas and they liked it, designed it, and told me they were happy how it turned out. The FM3 plus an iPad and some good Shure earphones make for a tiny recording and practice “space” with the adapters for connecting with USB and GarageBand. It works for me.

Back
Top Bottom