FM3 FC-6 carry bag or case options

This gator transit 1815 bag might do the job for me. Thanks for indicating these series. I tried a Thomann producer bag but my setup wouldn't fit. This gator one should do and not expensive at all.

Edit : Just received that one. I found what I needed. Pedalboard enters easily, plenty of space for cables, a PC and a few clean rags + teethbrush. This is it for the time being. Can go as handluggage on a plane. Now that I got a 10 months professionnal project in the north of France it will allow me to spend some weekends playing with friends back in the village in the Netherlands; what else you need...

Gator 01.jpgGator 1.jpg

Will post a photo of the full package next weekend as part of the rig is not at home actually. BTW; after a few rehearsals I note that with the processor at your feet it's a bloody lot of cables on the ground, wasn't used to that with my racked Axe Fx II and just the Gordius LG2 on the floor powered and controlled over one single midi cable, the spaghetti was for the back part of stage (the few times I get there..haha).

Last edited:
Is there enough room for an iPad?
For the standard sized version it depends on how many cables or the size of pedals there are in the pocket. When we designed it we didn’t intend to have a lot of extra space, to keep it as compact as possible.

The good thing about Studio Slips is they’re happy to customize, so you can have them add a little extra space to the pocket to fit the iPad if needed. Or an alternate way to go would be to add a bit of extra space to the main bag for the iPad so it fits inside with the FM3 and FC6. Or, on my bag, when I originally spec’d it, I have two small slots on the outside so I can add stiffeners to the top and bottom, and one of those could be added that is a little deeper to fit the iPad. Contact them with your ideas of where you’d want to put the iPad and they can think about how to do it and make recommendations.

I’ll try putting my iPad in my bag and see if it’d work.

As is, it’s a perfectly-sized bag, designed to fit closely, so I could grab it and carry it onto a plane and stow it in the baggage bin above or under the seat, and easily move through crowds, jump into taxis or subways, etc. I wanted to be able to carry the rig when we travel, along with a guitar in a gig bag. And then the virus happened. :-/

Last edited:
It does, but I don't see a product page or pictures. Just has me select options.
Look at https://studioslips.com/catalog.php?cat=12.

The photos are some they took and some from my kitchen table with my bag, the “prototype”. Also I have photos in my original posting when I received the bag, somewhere on the forum. The forum’s search function is down right now so I can’t find them, but they’re out there somewhere.

Is there enough room for an iPad?
I just tried and the iPad will fit in the pocket on mine. Supposedly that pocket is the same size on either version of the bag.

I didn't try putting it inside the bag because the units fit snugly and I don't like the idea of putting the iPad in a tightly fitting bag with the sloping panel and switches and grab bars on the FM3, where they could press against the iPad.

Anyone use a PT Classic 2 with hard case? Having a very hard time latching the case. Pushes too much on the FM3 and FC6
It might be pushing on the side bars, the Value knob or the A-E knobs. I'd take a SHARP knife and slice into the foam above where the bars are so they can slide into the foam, and try it again. If it's still too tight then I'd cut a small cross shape into the foam above the value wheel and a slice along the foam above the A-E knobs. The slices will help make the foam give so they can nestle into it, and the slices don't have to be completely through the foam, just enough to release the pressure that's keeping the top from closing.

Pedalboard cases aren't sized for units as tall as the modeler attached to the board so we sometimes have to "persuade" them to fit.

Studio Slips makes a nice compact case for the FM-3, FC-6 and an extra pocket. When not on a pedalboard, that's where they travel.

Gator G-tour pedal board large, not the perfect fit but with little foam trimming inside it’s secure but no place for an expression pedal.

Attachments

• 3F9E1799-9E27-4853-95E8-85C8054E9650.jpeg
    3F9E1799-9E27-4853-95E8-85C8054E9650.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 46092285-4C89-441C-A4B9-04FCDD0D1FAF.jpeg
    46092285-4C89-441C-A4B9-04FCDD0D1FAF.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 56
Here's my little project 😅

Wanted a simple small solution to carry the fm3 with my SD PS170 and some cables, so i bought the Gator G-Mix B1212

For the foam panels i had some sound insulation panel bought from Thomann that i cut up to for this bag.F1164D3D-1624-467B-A7C0-5802662F61E6.jpeg

PS: I've tried also 2 other bags from Thomann ( Thomann Producer Backpack and Thomann Key Bag 25 ), but i decided the best for me was the Gator G-MixB1212

Also, before ordering i created a size comparison sketch to see how the FM3 and SD PS170 would fit in each bag :D

Attachments

• IMG_1295.JPG
    IMG_1295.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 13.29.34.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 13.29.34.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
+1 on the Helix backpack. I just tried it and it works great. I can fit the FM3, FC6, power amp, and an expression pedal with some room so spare for cables. I'm a little concerned about the weight of the power amp putting pressure on the footswitches of the FC6 but I think I can add some foam padding to fix that issue.

7AA2A6CA-E821-4935-9A94-F812D2C95665.jpeg
348ECCC8-FE55-45C5-ACFD-9982EB72CCB6.jpeg

I'm a little concerned about the weight of the power amp putting pressure on the footswitches of the FC6 but I think I can add some foam padding to fix that issue.
When you rest the bag on a surface, put it on its edge or end, and the weight won't be transferred to the Fractal units. In addition, the bag is already padded, so that will compress and help protect the switches.

The Powerstage 170 weighs 6.3 lbs, which isn't a lot, and the bag is packed pretty full so adding enough padding inside the pocket to add useful protection is going to be difficult.

I used to do packaging for the military, and have had two of the Helix backpacks, so, if it was for me, I'd just set it on an edge or the end and not worry about it. Remember, Fractal designs its units for pro-touring use.

Back
Top Bottom