FM3 Factory Presets version 4.0 "Cygnus"

I'd like to leave the first 50 presets alone and install the 4 banks after, starting from 52 let's say. I don't want to overwrite these. How do I do that? I have it ready to go.

Does anyone know a way to change controlers globally. In particular, I want to change the Wah assignment in the Factory Presets from Auto off 'Heel down' to 'Toe down'
You could change one block, save it to your library and then put that library block into every preset - replacing the existing wah blocks

I'd like to leave the first 50 presets alone and install the 4 banks after, starting from 52 let's say. I don't want to overwrite these. How do I do that? I have it ready to g

If you use Fractool, you can specify the presets to overwrite. You will drop the bank you want to load onto the pic of the FM3 in Fractool and go from there.

Should it be a sticky to suggest that users place their own presets somewhere after 384?
Say, in the 400s? That way there are literally ZERO issues with writing any new presets released
for upgraded firmware.

Easy peasy!! :)

@la noise those cuts are applied in the PEQ block along with some "surgical" cuts to offensive frequencies in the 3-5k range in that preset. You can always ditch the PEQ and slap the high/low cut in the cab block if you want to experiment with something else in there.

Cool. :)

I have seen from your videos that you can set those Hi and Lo Cuts in the Cab Block, or also with the
Input EQ in the Amp Block, too. Any preferred method? And is there any benefit--in your experience---
from using more than one of those options at a time?

Since the input eq occurs before any gain stages, think of a low cut there as a way to shape the "texture" or "feel" of the distortion. Raising it past 250hz is a good way to retain tightness and clarity, especially if you use lower tunings.

The cab block and PEQ block high/low cuts are interchangeable. The PEQ provides more control over the filter slopes as well as extra bands for other eq tricks so I just like to keep it in one place.

Switching from preset 20 (Euro Uber) to 21 (Solo 100) while guitar sound is still playing creates a loud thump.
The thump/pop gets louder as the sound decays, as can be heard the last two pops are worrisome. With guitar not playing there is no pop at all.
Here is the quick video clip of the issue:

Last edited:
Some of these presets are so inspiring and it not only the guitar sounding ones all the Eventide soundscape stuff like
FM3 soundtrack , Homeworld
Diatonic Chimes a lot of the Harmony stuff is just so damn good
Fremens Drones mystic arps, music box has my writing ideas and melodies for not just guitar based stuff. With the presets IMO the FM3 is now even more a tool, I honestly think every guitarist should have one

Some of these presets are so inspiring and it not only the guitar sounding ones all the Eventide soundscape stuff like
Fremens Drones mystic arps, music box has my writing ideas and melodies for not just guitar based stuff. With the presets IMO the FM3 is now even more a tool, I honestly think every guitarist should have one

The more out-there effects can definitely inspire some cool stuff. Unfortunately, I have a horrible habit of hitting up the medicinals, finding a really inspiring sound/riff/soundscape, record it, then find another one and layer that on…and then find another and layer that on….and after about 2 hours I’ve got 45 seconds of a wall of nothing that I’ll say, “Oh I can use this for a song intro” and then I’ll stick it in front of a song and think “No one is going to sit through 45 seconds of a wall of nothing to get to the fucking song”, remove it from the song and put it in my “Misc. Bits” folder where I won’t listen to it for another year or two, where I’ll pick up at “On, this would be a cool song intro” part of the process and repeat.

Totally down with the Cygnus :p \m/
Quick question.. My personal preset is stored on nr. 433. Is it automatically cygnusized?

The more out-there effects can definitely inspire some cool stuff. Unfortunately, I have a horrible habit of hitting up the medicinals, finding a really inspiring sound/riff/soundscape, record it, then find another one and layer that on…and then find another and layer that on….and after about 2 hours I’ve got 45 seconds of a wall of nothing that I’ll say, “Oh I can use this for a song intro” and then I’ll stick it in front of a song and think “No one is going to sit through 45 seconds of a wall of nothing to get to the fucking song”, remove it from the song and put it in my “Misc. Bits” folder where I won’t listen to it for another year or two, where I’ll pick up at “On, this would be a cool song intro” part of the process and repeat.
Just the Fremen drones honestly
is such a great practice tool
to get your chops up playing through the various keys
soloing using the minor scales modes whatever.
there is one preset i i think it was dual or Quad diatonic harmony
and in scene 6 or something it say play low single notes pop harmonies . It is like the perfect sound for this thing i was working on ,Its like you have this cool clean guitar chugging w what sounds like a layered keyboard harmony underneath almost like a Roxette or something it just sounds so full like a nice harmony under a main vocal line, subtle but really cool

Right on! I posted above about gravitating toward using fewer effects because the amps sound so good.

I do still use more creative sounds when looping as I layer parts and there are definitely some winners here. BTW, if you're in need of a good organ tone, check out the Poly Octave Generator.

I’m just curious…. having installed the new (Cygnus) factory presets, I’ve noticed that the name(s) on the FM3 Edit ‘Presets’ list/ page don’t always match the name that shows on the FM3 Edit page when the preset is chosen. For example, I clicked on Crystal Castles (Preset 266 on my unit) and the name “Home World FM3” appears when preset pops up on the Edit page. There were one or two other mismatches, but can’t remember which ones. I’ve not gone through all of the presets yet and pretty much all the ones I have tried the list name matches the name of the preset that appears on the Edit screen. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this. Many thanks.

I’m just curious…. having installed the new (Cygnus) factory presets, I’ve noticed that the name(s) on the FM3 Edit ‘Presets’ list/ page don’t always match the name that shows on the FM3 Edit page when the preset is chosen. For example, I clicked on Crystal Castles (Preset 266 on my unit) and the name “Home World FM3”

Yes, I've seen this a few times.

In FM3 Edit go to Settings > 'Refresh after new FW'. This should sync it up.

It seems that FM3 Edit maintains a log of where it believes things are located. If you ever edit the presets outside of FM3 Edit, either manually or by other means, it continues to utilize it's own internal log.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom