FM3 Factory Presets version 4.0 "Cygnus"

This may be a dumb question.......I see on the "read me" notes on the new factory presets that it instructs you to use Fractal Bot to load the new presets. I have never done that before I just drag and drop the file in the "manage presets" window and drag and drop them in where I want. Is there some added benefit by using Fractal Bot? It seems easier (to me at least) just to drop the file in. Seems to work fine but don't want to miss out on any added mojo Fractal Bot may be supplying'!

This may be a dumb question.......I see on the "read me" notes on the new factory presets that it instructs you to use Fractal Bot to load the new presets. I have never done that before I just drag and drop the file in the "manage presets" window and drag and drop them in where I want. Is there some added benefit by using Fractal Bot? It seems easier (to me at least) just to drop the file in. Seems to work fine but don't want to miss out on any added mojo Fractal Bot may be supplying'!
I've never tried dragging and dropping a factory preset file in through the manager window, only individual presets. If it works though, then there shouldn't be a problem. Fractal Bot doesn't do anything extra.

I've never tried dragging and dropping a factory preset file in through the manager window, only individual presets. If it works though, then there shouldn't be a problem. Fractal Bot doesn't do anything extra.
Cool thanks. I was just joking around about the Bot Mojo but was sincerely wondering why all the extra steps with Fractal Bot when it is so much easier doing the drag and drop. Just wanted to make sure I'm not doing anything that may cause some type of system issue since I wasn't following official protocol. Cheers!

Cool thanks. I was just joking around about the Bot Mojo but was sincerely wondering why all the extra steps with Fractal Bot when it is so much easier doing the drag and drop. Just wanted to make sure I'm not doing anything that may cause some type of system issue since I wasn't following official protocol. Cheers!
It's official protocol. You can use the standalone Fractal-Bot, the one that's embedded in the editor, or use the Preset Manager. They're all supported.

The only real difference I've noticed is that Fractal-Bot will want to overwrite an entire bank if you select a bank backup file, where the Preset Manager will let you access individual presets and drag them to individual slots, or select a group and drag the entire group. I tend to use the Preset Manager unless I intend to overwrite a bank.

It's official protocol. You can use the standalone Fractal-Bot, the one that's embedded in the editor, or use the Preset Manager. They're all supported.

The only real difference I've noticed is that Fractal-Bot will want to overwrite an entire bank if you select a bank backup file, where the Preset Manager will let you access individual presets and drag them to individual slots, or select a group and drag the entire group. I tend to use the Preset Manager unless I intend to overwrite a bank.
Yes I just used the audition tool. I loaded in on bank at a time using preset manager and would audition presets. I had purchased Austin Buddy's Live Gold and used this method. Anything that I wanted to load in, I would drag and drop. Pretty cool!

Yes I just used the audition tool. I loaded in on bank at a time using preset manager and would audition presets. I had purchased Austin Buddy's Live Gold and used this method. Anything that I wanted to load in, I would drag and drop. Pretty cool!
The little things you learn! I had never used the Audition Tool until now. As for loading the Factory Presets I just loaded them all up with FracTool. The Audition Tool is great to extract the ones you want (or not to not load the ones you don't).

I coulda sworn there was a preset called Fryette (deliverance). Luckily I saved it before I installed the b4 preset update. Was that preset renamed?

Does loading v4 presets:
1. Overwrite my customizations to factory presets?
2. Touch user presets?

Thanks in advance.
It all depends on where you load the presets. If you use FracTool and just load everything, then presets 0-383 get over written. An alternate way is to open any file with Preset Manager (in FM3 Edit), then drag and drop.

Newb question here. CC says in the video "if you have any presets you want to save do that before you load the new ones". Is this accomplished with a standard backup? Or do I need to do something special to save the one preset that I have made so far?

Newb question here. CC says in the video "if you have any presets you want to save do that before you load the new ones". Is this accomplished with a standard backup? Or do I need to do something special to save the one preset that I have made so far?
To save one preset, just use the Export function in FM3-Edit.

Back
Top Bottom