FM3 Factory Presets version 4.0 "Cygnus"

Whenever I go on the stock preset 244 Horrorfest fm3 ...the preset works but I .... Have to reboot
I've checked every scene and control in this preset and cannot reproduce any trouble. Mark Day cross checked this for me just now.
Even on the busiest scene, the CPU is only at about 75%. Perhaps try reinstalling the latest factory banks?

What is the significance of the new preset amp model "sample packs" ie Brit 800, Plexi 50W etc.. Are they just what the artists picked or are they being showcased for some other reason?

I would like to ask a question to the author(s) of the presets: What pickups have you used? Because with my SG with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates everything sound extremely dark, just like 95% of the stock IRs in the FM3. That's strange, because I've done a research and everybody seem to complain those pickups are too bright...

I would like to ask a question to the author(s) of the presets: What pickups have you used? Because with my SG with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates everything sound extremely dark, just like 95% of the stock IRs in the FM3. That's strange, because I've done a research and everybody seem to complain those pickups are too bright...

If everything sounds too dark, check the global EQ, check the cables and equipment, or even check your ears.

Noob question here as I’m a little confused by what happens if I load new presets. I got my FM3 back in April. After I update to Cygnus and new FM3 edit, I’m going to load the new presets. But do they overwrite the current presets on my currently pre-Cygnus version? Or do the new presets get dumped in after the originals? First time updating presets. Thanks.

Noob question here as I’m a little confused by what happens if I load new presets. I got my FM3 back in April. After I update to Cygnus and new FM3 edit, I’m going to load the new presets. But do they overwrite the current presets on my currently pre-Cygnus version? Or do the new presets get dumped in after the originals? First time updating presets. Thanks.
The presets consist of three banks of 128 presets per bank. If you straight up load the whole batch it will load into the first 384 presets (0-383). You can utilize Fractool to load the presets into targeted ranges, if you wish. My personal practice is to maintain anything I don't want overwritten in the higher preset slots.

I’m not married to any of the old presets, so it sounds like if I just load all the new Cygnus presets without manipulating the location, I’ll end up with presets 0-383 as the new Cygnus presets, correct? Thanks!

The cause of this has been found. I believe a new version of the banks will be required. We will produce these as soon as time permits.
Can you elaborate on what the cause is. The reason I ask is because I have seen incorrect mappings for a preset that isn’t one of the factory ones and am concerned that other presets will need reworking as well.

If everything sounds too dark, check the global EQ, check the cables and equipment, or even check your ears.

I feel this way as well. Factory presets in general are darker in my end vs what I hear in youtube demos.

For example in Cooper Carter’s demos the factory tones sound amazing and compared to my gear I have much darker tone.

I have to check the Global settings… My guitars should be good to go: Mayones Regius with BKP Juggernauts, Strandberg with BKP Silo, Ormsby with their own pickups and Strandberg with Fishman Abasi set.

I haven’t played Dimarzio Crunch Lab pickups ever. That’s what Cooper Carter’s Music Man JP models usually have and that guitar sounds way more open and clear in the demos vs my gear.

I had the exact opposite problem and I went into the IRs rabbit hole to tame the trebles (https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/help-me-with-irs.172364/).

Before Cygnus almost all of the presets sounded too much bright with "classic model" guitars (Les Paul, ES335, Strat, Tele). Now, with Cygnus everything is perfectly balanced. There are just one or two presets I don't like, but all the others are great and usable.

And ears?
Ears are okay. Thank you :) Also my cables are not exactly the best but since they're not that long I don't think they can cut out all that treble. I've tried using another one, super short, and the sound is brighter but not that much. One of these days I would like to try the combination new strings and better cable but I happen to like the sound of dead string...

By the way. If the global EQ is on but all the sliders are at 0, it's the same thing as being off? That's what I have

Back
Top Bottom