Bug? FM3-Edit fw7.00: CPU meter freezes

Roby Rocks

Inspired
Vendor
Hi!
I have this question about CPU usage.....
I already own AxeFx3mk2, FM9 Turbo and this doensn't happen with them.

I use FM3 mkII Turbo with the latest firmware 7.00 and latest Editor FM3-Edit 1.06.04...
This is about CPU usage....

Watch the video and notice: the CPU change ONLY when I add a new block. But....

Reverb: If I change from Economy, Normal, High, and Ultra High quality the CPU doesn't change.
Same thing if I change the value of Echo Density or I change the type of reverb.

Amp: If I activate the Output Compressor the CPU doesn't change...

Cab: If I use one or two IRs the CPU doesn't change...
Same thing if I change Ultrares or Standard, if I use one dynacab or two, and also if I activate the Preamp and change the quality in Preamp Mode....

CPU doesn't move. With guitar or without guitar connected.When I play or not...
CPU increase or decrease ONLY when I add or remove a block.
This happen also with factory presets.

This is normal? Or a bug?

NOTE: I have already re-install fw 7.00, dyna-cab, all factory preset and fm3 edit (RANF ok)

FM3 mkII Turbo
Firmware 7.00
FM3 Edit 1.06.04
MacOS Ventura 13.4.1

EDIT: Title changed. Read post #15

Last edited:
Same here with my FM3 MkI. I just got this device 2 weeks ago, and I thought this was a feature since I'm not familiar with the FM3 CPU meter behavior or what it should do when I change from standard to ultra :D . I'm noticing that the CPU meter only increases or decreases significantly when I add or remove a block.

Firmware 7.00
FM3 Edit 1.06.04
MacOS Ventura 13.5.1

Yes.
With my FM9 firmware 5.00 or AxeFx3 firmware 22.01 this not happen…
It is strange because I have not found no post about this.
If you have same thing with the original FM3 so it’s not a mk2 Turbo bug….
I think it is a bug of firmware or editor…
But we have to wait @Admin M@ that explain this 👍

Reactions: 621
I believe the FM9 has a separate processor just for reverb, so the cpu usage meter doesn't get affected by changes. I'm not sure about the the FM3 though. Maybe a bug?

Buenas tardes, a mi me esta pasando lo mismo ahora mismo, tengo un fm3 mkI y cuando le agrego un bloque de reverb y selecciono ultra hight con 8 densidad de eco se queda en 74% de cpu incluso variando entre económico y ultra, lo raro es que se nota el cambio de calidad entre las opciones, en fin si quedara así sería genial y no cambiaría mi fm3 actual, ojalá no sea un bug, gracias.

Pero yo no lo veo así, el preset corre sin problemas y no se corta el audio ni aparece el aviso de la cpu...
If you have, for example, 74% with Ultra High Quality Reverb, when you switch to Economy the CPU should decrease… for example to 60%. In this case it remains to the maximum.
This is not proper behavior….

Edit: please English. Thanks.

Same here. FM3 MK1, FW 7.00, FM3-Edit 1.6.4, macOS Ventura 13.5.1. The CPU meter freezes in the editor, but not in the hardware. Looks like a bug...

If you have, for example, 74% with Ultra High Quality Reverb, when you switch to Economy the CPU should decrease… for example to 60%. In this case it remains to the maximum.
This is not proper behavior….

Edit: please English. Thanks.
yes, but that is not what I want to express, what I want you to understand is that with the same configuration in previous software versions it exceeds 85% and the unit is blocked, now that does not happen, it remains at 74% and continues to work normal with the quality of reberb ultra, it seems like a bug but not functionally, on the contrary it gives many more options, regards.

I note that this problem is also found by those who own FM3 MK1. So it seems to be a problem of Firmware. I edit the thread title.

Are you only looking at FM3-Edit or the hardware?

It is more likely an issue with the editor...
I thought it was a hardware issue with the FM3 MK2 TURBO, but it seems the same problem occurs with the MK1... so I presume it's an issue with the editor.

I thought it was a hardware issue with the FM3 MK2 TURBO, but it seems the same problem occurs with the MK1... so I presume it's an issue with the editor.
Right, but the firmware is the same for both units.

I assume you don't see this issue when you look at the CPU meter on the FM3 itself? That would be a big indication where the problem lies.
If you want, you can move this thread under "FM3-Edit" forum. Thanks
I can't because I'm not a moderator.

Maybe @iaresee can?

Back
Top Bottom