Fishman Triple Play - Wireless midi pickup

It doesn't give you any guitar sounds from the USB receiver into the computer, does it?

No you have to use a 1/4 cable to your amp,audio interface.etc...

Also comes with a generous software bundle,Sample Tank,Notation Software,Kontakt and Guitar Rig(not full ver.)GR was my software of choice before I bought my AxeFx....

What I really like about the GK/GR-55 setup is having synth, modeled guitar sounds, and real pickups all available at any time - including any combination simultaneously. Wireless midi is cool, but if I can't get modeled guitar sounds - especially acoustic guitars - and I still have to connect a cable to get the real pickups, it doesn't really appeal to me.

What I really like about the GK/GR-55 setup is having synth, modeled guitar sounds, and real pickups all available at any time - including any combination simultaneously. Wireless midi is cool, but if I can't get modeled guitar sounds - especially acoustic guitars - and I still have to connect a cable to get the real pickups, it doesn't really appeal to me.

You still have to connect that 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch cable to the GK pickup to blend guitar pups and synth/modeled sounds together.The gr55 is fantastic just a big pain in the ass to set up.
I use the TP synth only for recording ,tracks better than anything available,with so few glitches its not even worth mentioning.Different strokes for different folks bro...BTW your web page? That's a no brainier immediate favorite!!!

Last edited:
Another great thing about this is if you already own a gr55 you can use it as a sustain pedal to control sustained piano chords,srting,and organ sounds via usb...

Another great thing about this is if you already own a gr55 you can use it as a sustain pedal to control sustained piano chords,srting,and organ sounds via usb...
Really?? wanna share how? BTW, I'm with you about the FTP's tracking, it's superior in most ways to any previous MIDI guitar solution (my Casio PG-380 was the
champ for decades, a classic)

Really?? wanna share how? BTW, I'm with you about the FTP's tracking, it's superior in most ways to any previous MIDI guitar solution (my Casio PG-380 was the
champ for decades, a classic)

You first need to have the ctl pedal function setup on the gr55 to work with its internal instruments as a sustain pedal.Refer to manual on how to do that...On gr55 hit edit,cursor to midi / usb,hit enter,page over to gtr-midi,cursor down to ctl pdl cc and change that to #66,thats it.The ctl pedal will send out the midi cc to control the sustain.This is over usb only...You may also be able to do this with a mfc, but since I dont own one I cant help you.

Last edited:
You first need to have the ctl pedal function setup on the gr55 to work with its internal instruments as a sustain pedal.Refer to manual on how to do that...On gr55 hit edit,cursor to midi / usb,hit enter,page over to gtr-midi,cursor down to ctl pdl cc and change that to #66,thats it.The ctl pedal will send out the midi cc to control the sustain.This is over usb only...You may also be able to do this with a mfc, but since I dont own one I cant help you.
thanks!!

Sorry I meant that it only supported 32 bit plugins...

It supports 64 bit plugins with the 64 bit version. In fact, you need 64 bit plugins or jbridge 32 to 64bit converter to use in the 64 bit version.

Got it yesterday. Tracking is better than with anything I have used. Much better than the gk 3/gr55 with my setup

I agree about the control setup. The GK 3 is better laid out. However, palm muting is not an issue; the fishman stays out of the way.

Last edited:
I tripped onto this thread. I spent most of the day reading and watching things on the TP. This will be my next purchase.

This is really interesting. Can you play an external midi device with this (rack synth module) or does it have to be a software synth on a computer?

Yes and no. At the moment you need the computer. You could take the midi out of the computer and plug it into an external synth, but you still need the computer in the chain.

I think its really weird that they only released one version for software synths and ignored the hardware people. The hardware people are probably still the majority.

Yes and no. At the moment you need the computer. You could take the midi out of the computer and plug it into an external synth, but you still need the computer in the chain.

Totally set mine up today. Bar none, the best playing midi converter I have ever used. It is really good. Software needs some maturing, but it coming along.

oh no my GAS is coming back after all this time...
But here in Europe the price is too high (500€ -> 664$!!!). I saw that in the US is listed at 399$ (sweetwater, guitarcenter) -> 300€, in september I will be in NY, anyone know where I can find it one?

oh no my GAS is coming back after all this time...
But here in Europe the price is too high (500€ -> 664$!!!). I saw that in the US is listed at 399$ (sweetwater, guitarcenter) -> 300€, in september I will be in NY, anyone know where I can find it one?

If you're going to be in NYC go to 48th street,Sam Ash owns the entire block,they should have it..

Back
Top Bottom