Fishman Triple Play - Wireless midi pickup

I think its really weird that they only released one version for software synths and ignored the hardware people. The hardware people are probably still the majority.
Yeah, not interested until they build one that has a receiver with MIDI out (no computer needed).

I've been using the Triple Play with Spectrasonic Omnisphere and it works like a charm.

hey JoeHans, are you using Omni through the Triple Play software?
When I try, it loads the VST fine and I can play, but won't recall the Omni patch once I've saved as a user patch inside the Triple Play software.
They "synth" slot comes back empty.

Let me know if you get a chance.
thx,
~T~

Anyone using the FTP with a rack box like the Yamaha Motif ES? What's the easiest/least expensive best way to do this? Thanks!

Anyone using the FTP with a rack box like the Yamaha Motif ES? What's the easiest/least expensive best way to do this? Thanks!

It's tricky because the TP uses USB midi, so you need something to translate that receives USB midi and outputs to standard midi cables. iConnectmidi original box does this, but they're not available and not super cheap, $200 I think. The new iConnectmidi 4+ will do it, but who knows when it's going to be out. It'll be a revolutionary box as it allows you to connect multiple hosts (i.e. 2 computers and an Ipad) and have them all be controllers as well as allow digital audio pass through among those devices. It'll also have a USB host port where you can plug one usb midi device OR a hub and then have up to 8 USB midi devices connected in. It also has ethernet for network midi. At $200 it should fly off the shelves like it had wings. Plus it'll have 4 sets of standard midi I/O. That's an insane amount of functionality.

I don't know of anything else that accepts USB midi and output standard other than a computer with a usb midi interface. That's certainly not an easy solution to manage and kind of defeats the ease of a rack Motif ES.

http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/utilities/usb-host.shtml

There's another solution that looks like it would do the trick. That may be your answer.

So, the Motif ES Rack box has a USB for use of a keyboard a computer midi signal to drive patches. Can I plug the Triple Play USB stick into this connection (with a USB Type B Male Type B adapter Female)? Has anyone tried this? I don't believe the Motif will power the FTP...so maybe this won't work if the FTP requires USB power.

USB connections need some sort of "software" to interpret the data, so just because the plug fits, doesn't mean it will work - especially with adaptors. i doubt it would work as you describe.

hey JoeHans, are you using Omni through the Triple Play software?
When I try, it loads the VST fine and I can play, but won't recall the Omni patch once I've saved as a user patch inside the Triple Play software.
They "synth" slot comes back empty.

Let me know if you get a chance.
thx,
~T~

I usually have it setup in my DAW directly to Omnisphere but I'll try to check this out how that works for me.

Here's an awesome trick I heard about. Insert two tracks/intruments, the FTP plugin and the VST you wish to use. Setup FTP only with a "Hardware Synth". Now you can use the FTP plugin to control the sensitivity and other TP's parameters and use any VST (32bit and 64bit) as stand alone in your DAW. Haven't tried it yet but the original source was Fishmans support so it should work fine. :) Hope this helps you tcvans.

Seeing as there is no 7 string version insight at the moment :)cry) has anyone played a detuned 6 string through one?

Back
Top Bottom