Firmware Version 10.04 Now Available

will receive my AF2 today and already an update to install with new amps !!! amazing
thanks fAS team for your great work :encouragement:

No no, the new amps are in the next update in a few weeks.
But dont worry, there are more then enough in the box as it is :)

I'm definitely waiting - having spent yesterday (a Bank Holiday in UK) getting my system all totally sorted out - I thought for at least a couple of weeks or so.... Moan, mutter, chunter :roll.

Frankly, I find Fractal's commitment to an already incredible product, quite amazing. It's a real pleasure to download using the bot - a huge improvement on having to re-read the WIki then wait hoping I wasn't messing my system up by upgrading incorrectly. ANd plugging for a few moments to audition the new sounds (and realising hours later that you should have sat down first) is genuinely exciting.

And I'm also happy that FAS has got their communications going to inform us about AE - and about the Mac OS driver problem. ALthough this hits studio owners more than the rest of us, Axe ought really to be the industry standard tool (I find it hard to imagine using any of the alternatives). It actually IS the industry standard (IMO), but the Mac problem risks giving the others their way in, which would be a shame.

I wonder if there are any personal interventions that might help - famous Forum members writing/lobbying the appropriate Mac developers or something like that? It might be that nobody sufficiently senior over there realises what FAS are doing? NOt being famous myself, I can only make suggestions.:anonymous:

Thanks fas! I've tried tonematch again and it seems to work now!
Unfortunately I've had to revert back to fw10.02 because axe edit is unusable now and more important for me than tonematch.
Axe edit now crashes immediately when selecting the cab block.

Blackface Princeton Reverb
Komet Concorde
Morgan AC20 Deluxe
Paul Ruby Rocket
Carol Ann TripTik

Paul is one of the top Trainwreck cloners out there.

The Rocket IMO is the tastiest of the Wrecks!

Nice to see that one on the menu!!!!

YES , AE crashes immediately fw10.04 when selecting the cab block for me too ...

Thanks fas! I've tried tonematch again and it seems to work now!
Unfortunately I've had to revert back to fw10.02 because axe edit is unusable now and more important for me than tonematch.
Axe edit now crashes immediately when selecting the cab block.

Me too. The cab shows as "Factory" for a couple seconds, then AE crashes.

Version 10.02 is still on the website if anyone wants to roll back... Fractal Audio Systems - Support

I keep back-ups on my pc of every new update.
I recommend this to everyone.
Anyway, i rolled back to fw10.02 although i really appreciate the fact that tonematch seems to be fixed in the latest fw.
Has anyone else tried tonematch offline since this new fw?

Any chance at seeing another Engl amp or revision of the powerball? Is there any plans for some new high gain amps? Just wondering is all. I swear I read a post a while back that Cliff said he was getting an Engl Savage. Also remember in the Ultra days that Cliff had mentioned that the Engl Powerball was just refrenced from the amp schematic and not the actual amp. I never heard anything else about that so wondered if he ever got an Engl or just left it as is.

Back
Top Bottom