Fender is Awesome

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, high gain bliss galore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVh ftw!

I'm usually pretty blase' about some of these amps, but I'm sort of psyched to get this one!

Which speaker would we use with this one I wonder?

R

aside from wanting to upgrade to a II, I've been really thinking about getting either the 100 watt or 50 watt version of this amp based on the tonal capabilities and rave reviews. I've been following this thread: EVH 5150 III 50W Part II - The Gear Page and Howard (Fender Rep) has been "Fractal" like in answering questions on those two threads. Great to hear you're adding all three channels Cliff!!

I'm usually pretty blase' about some of these amps, but I'm sort of psyched to get this one!

Which speaker would we use with this one I wonder?

R
From what I've read, it works best with a Greenback or a H30. I've seen vids on the Tube of guys using cabs with V30's and it sounded good to me.

Even tho my main guitars are humbucker based, I always add a noiseless single coil in the middle position to get those magical Fendery clean & rhythm sounds. Fender's main contribution to the musical world imo: Pristine and full-range sound from both their guitars and their amps! I just heard a great Finnish band doing Ventures covers the other day - the lead guy was playing a Fender Jazzmaster guitar into a piggyback Bandmaster amp. It sounded absolutely beautiful!!!

I hope they sent one for a 1964 Super Reverb (hint hint)

No Way!!!! Get in line. :)

The Fender Tweed Deluxe (5E3 circuit) or the Tungsten Crema Wheat Amp based on it next!!!! triple hint! :mrgreen

All kidding aside. We ar so lucky to have all these amps and effects in Axe. It never ceases to amaze me. And it only gets better month by month. I have been giving this magic black box serious attention for years and still have SO SO much to learn and uncover.

Looking forward to the 5150 III!

Talking about speaker...Cliff...what about capturing EVH cab as well with all the mics...I'm sure you could replace one of those factory cab like you did for the Ultra 30, witch by the way truly rocks!! I've never heard about someone here using the factory 4X12 25 or 20....I'm sure you could replace them with this EVH 4X12...and maybe that JM2000 I'm missing so much....;)

Talking about speaker...Cliff...what about capturing EVH cab as well with all the mics...I'm sure you could replace one of those factory cab like you did for the Ultra 30, witch by the way truly rocks!! I've never heard about someone here using the factory 4X12 25 or 20....I'm sure you could replace them with this EVH 4X12...and maybe that JM2000 I'm missing so much....;)

Cliff already stated that he didn't get the matching cab, only the head.

Someone with the matching 4x12 will hopefully shoot a couple IRs of the cab for everyone

I definitely second the motion on the JM2000 cab being brought back for the Axe II. That's a killer cab... IMO of course.

Cliff already stated that he didn't get the matching cab, only the head.

Someone with the matching 4x12 will hopefully shoot a couple IRs of the cab for everyone
Someone do it, I bet its a good cab to have an IR of. Lend to Jay and maybe we'll have nearfield and farfield IRs to combine?

Back
Top Bottom