Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

You are most likely correct on all accounts. Thought they might just be lights as I've never seen bass traps that looked that janky but thought it might be a homemade trap! LOL

They definitely look like bass traps to me...There's all kinds of 'treatment' in that room.. Anyway, thanks @200man for asking that question as I just discovered all the videos from the Stern show performance on Youtube and they are KILLER KILLER. . Eddie sang soooo well, and loads of great guitar tones. Coincidentally my friend just asked me at an Umphrey's Mcgee concert 2 nights ago, if I'd ever seen Pearl Jam and I told him I saw them in 1991-1992 ish locally in Burlington VT opening for the Smashing PUmpkins and Red Hot Chili Peppers and within a year at that point at a Lollapalooza show in Saratoga, NY. . Then I stumbled across this thread and listened to those videos 32 years later . :)

They definitely look like bass traps to me...

They're lamps. I think they came from Ikea.

uOM9zah.png

I made margarita buckets for a couple of neighbors last night.

View attachment IMG_1736.jpeg

And it turned into a block party
IMG_1684.jpeg

And I got to share 2 V2 modded FRs through the FM9 and the bad cat with pedals rig (that is some WDW ridiculous sounding awesomeness)... With a couple of the guys that play guitar.

And I have more friends coming up tonight for a wine tasting and tour of my studio rig later for another pro guitarist friend.

It has been an awesome birthday already and I'm just getting started 🙂

Thank you for the wishes for happiness. They are working!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

secret to an excellent Margarita: fresh squeezed lime juice and agave nectar (especially the agave believe it or not). skip the triple sec.

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

secret to an excellent Margherita: fresh squeezed lime juice and agave nectar (especially the agave believe it or not). skip the triple sec.
My neighbor made a pitcher exactly that way. It was yummy. That agave nektar is the trick!! I tried them Several times in a row 🤪 I like a little GrandMa in there too

Mine were buckets of redneck margaritas. That's a whole other thing 🤣 you have to put honey or simple syrup on the solo cup for the salt to stick. And use way too much alcohol . Good stuff. May cause diabeetus tho.

IMG_1687.jpeg

Last edited:
I made margarita buckets for a couple of neighbors last night.

View attachment 139510

And it turned into a block party
View attachment 139511

And I got to share 2 V2 modded FRs through the FM9 and the bad cat with pedals rig (that is some WDW ridiculous sounding awesomeness)... With a couple of the guys that play guitar.

And I have more friends coming up tonight for a wine tasting and tour of my studio rig later for another pro guitarist friend.

It has been an awesome birthday already and I'm just getting started 🙂

Thank you for the wishes for happiness. They are working!
Looks like an awesome time! Glad you are enjoying your birthday!

My neighbor made a pitcher exactly that way. It was yummy. That agave nektar is the trick!! I tried them Several times in a row 🤪 I like a little GrandMa in there too

Mine were buckets of redneck margaritas. That's a whole other thing 🤣 you have to put honey or simple syrup on the solo cup for the salt to stick. And use way too much alcohol . Good stuff. May cause diabeetus tho.

View attachment 139514
nice! rim the glass w a lime, then dip in salt or sugar mixed w chili powder. FANTASTIC!

So I’ve been trying the stereo thing and I love it, but I fiddle with the we knobs so much depending on how tired my ears are, that I have to do it twice and check to see if everything matches left and right. It’s exhausting

Probably was better with only one. How do you guys with stereo setups handle that?

Back
Top Bottom