Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

With credit to whomever it was in this million post thread that came up with the idea :p

@WKSmith if you have (and want to) share your logo in a DM I could laser off another tag to replace the "Fender" badge with yours. Don't mind the specs of light in the pics, it came out pretty clean IRL.

Attachments

• HissMasterCapture-02.jpg
    HissMasterCapture-02.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34
  • HissMasterCapture-04.jpg
    HissMasterCapture-04.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
So... I am doing a thing.

Starting with this first batch of a dozen new production V2 ..that will be leaving in a few hours. Invites are going out after I get them tested. 🙂

if you ordered a standard V2... I am upgrading the first 2 amp stages to the Burr Brown OPA 2134 with no extra cost. I have been running my FR-12 this way for months and it sounds beyond amazing.

In the future I will call this the V2 Standard +
Just to be really clear about the standard vs. the gold upgrade 🙂

I am keeping it $99 for a short while ... just for folks on the waitlist (until I re-order custom pots) because as you can tell, this isn't about the money.

I get a lot of questions about the opamp upgrade so hang with me if you have been following along.. The Burr Brown OPA2134 IC has even lower noise and higher headroom before clipping and it really just sounds better. A lot better. ... and the 1st 2 amp stages really show it off.

If you are a perfectionist and want the best tone and performance possible from the FR and V2... The V2 Gold level upgrade replaces all 4 ICs with these OPA 2134s. And it is an awesome thing.

The standard+ $99 V2 blows the stock preamps away. And now with the first 2 amp stages upgraded it will hang with FR systems costing much more. ..And take their lunch money... and girlfriend.

The first new production V2s will be heading out to their new homes in just hours. Yours will be on the way soon.

Last edited:
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

So... I am doing a thing.

Starting with this first batch of a dozen new production V2 ..that will be leaving in a few hours.

if you ordered a standard V2... I am upgrading the first 2 amp stages to the Burr Brown OPA 2134 with no extra cost. I have been running my FR-12 this way for months and it sounds beyond amazing.

In the future I will call this the V2 Standard +
Just to be really clear about the standard vs. the gold upgrade 🙂

I am keeping it $99 for a short while ... just for folks on the waitlist (until I re-order custom pots) because as you can tell, this isn't about the money... it is more about fisting F-Corp pigs into submission until they squeal. 🐷

I get a lot of questions about the opamp upgrade so hang with me if you have been following along.. The Burr Brown OPA2134 IC has even lower noise and higher headroom before clipping and it really just sounds better. A lot better. ... and the 1st 2 amp stages really show it off.

If you are a perfectionist and want the best tone and performance possible from the FR and V2... The V2 Gold level upgrade replaces all 4 ICs with these OPA 2134s. And it is an awesome thing.

The standard+ $99 V2 blows the stock preamps away. And now with the first 2 amp stages upgraded it will hang with FR systems costing much more. ..And take their lunch money... and girlfriend.

The first new production V2s will be heading out to their new homes in just hours. Yours will be on the way soon.
Okay, let’s go! :)

Back
Top Bottom