Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

Then there's the way GC operates:
Sales rep email: "I provided you with a custom quote for the FR-12 you were shopping for (over a month ago)"

Said custom quote is higher than the regular customer discount they were already offering, which I already turned down.

I have a feeling stores are struggling to move these off the shelves. That's why I was happy to buy a used one.

By the way, I am super-happy with this new current rig!!!

I couldn't resist.

Anybody want to buy a ton of pedals and stuff?
(Seriously, they're all going up on Reverb soon. What is in the photo is nothing... for better or worse)

Fractal replaces it all, and then some!

View attachment 140107
Even replaces what I normally use with my acoustic: Zoom AC-3 Acoustic Creator, which is really good, and I am keeping.

I'm also keeping the wonderful Ethos Clean Fusion Deluxe, and I still highly recommend that awesome amp-in-a-pedal.

By the way, I am super-happy with this new current rig!!!

I couldn't resist.

Anybody want to buy a ton of pedals and stuff?
(Seriously, they're all going up on Reverb soon. What is in the photo is nothing... for better or worse)

Fractal replaces it all, and then some!

View attachment 140107
Crazy thing is, I am so much happier with this rig than I have been with other FRFR solutions.

I do still plan on trying some W-D-W with my EV PXM.

View attachment 139997
The first 12 new production V2s are on the way to waitlist customers in the next couple of days.

You didn't miss an email if you haven't been contacted yet. I am still filling waitlist orders from 1/20 which is the first day the waitlist was announced. They are moving much faster now though.

Thank you for your patience! I am trying to make the process go a lot faster without rushing the build quality.

Sorry for the brief pause while I switched over from building the V2s entirely here .. to 85% fully assembled V2s (that are still completely hand soldered) and they now have the Nichion electro caps and TDK film caps .

100 of these will be on the way to waitlist customers soon, but there are a lot more than 100 of you. Thank you for that! These will never see advertising or promotion until the waitlist is filled. Yall are more than enough to keep track of for now🤣

I am keeping the price the same until I order more custom pots ...about 50 V2s from now.

$99 for the standard V2

$129 for the gold upgrade to 4 BurrBrown OPA2134 opamps for higher headroom before clipping and even lower noise.

Your waitlist position is good for 1 or 2 V2s
... No, this is not a vendor thread at all....

... No, this is not a vendor thread at all....

calvin and hobbes dance GIF

calvin and hobbes comics GIF

You know, I was thinking the other day, if only the people on the waitlist were the ones that got the V2 preamps and no one else could get them after that, wouldn't that put our FR10s and FR12s in the Dumble level of collectability (Only 300 or so of the Dumbles ever made)?! The value of the FR10s and FR12s with the Archangel V2s would skyrocket would they not? Being that most of us would never let them go would cause them to go even higher as they would be so hard to get. Just a thought! ;)

Last edited:
who knows! this could very well be history in the making. 50 yrs from now this may be regarded as the FRFR dumble. Herald of a FRFR golden age. Me in a nursing home room mumbling incoherently like I'm bilbo baggins recounting my tales of adventure to a young nurse just before she changes my diaper and sedates me

Back
Top Bottom