Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

Has anyone used a FR-12 preamp in a FR-10? Does it cause any issue? I saw the post with the FR-10 board with the DNP printed in the unpopulated component places so there must be a difference between them.

I know your V2’s are interchangeable, I was wondering about using a stock Fender FR-12 in a FR-10. Reason being is once I do get my V2’s from you I could give (or sell) one of my FR-12’s with the Fender “fix” to someone with a FR-10. Of course the best fix would be to buy a V2 from you…

Edit: I’m thinking that not everyone is going to want to put up with the long wait time to get the repair done by Fender, especially cause they are saying they need the amp in the shop while they wait for the new board to come in. Working players can’t do without for six to eight weeks.

Last edited:
Hey peeps, don't hesitate to order V2's!! I've been playing non stop today. Everything is just sounding more open and smooth. And the bottom end is so much sweeter it seems. Been playing high gain Blue Stealth all the way over to the AC30 Brilliant. Just awesome. That coupled with new AF3 FW...my guitar tones have never been better.

it's beautiful randy marsh GIF by South Park

Nice neighbor's car :tonguewink:

(totally awesome)

How is the audio?
Don't be alarmed, that's just one of my Maseratis. 🤣 I like to keep a few around.

The audio is the best $#|+ I have ever heard or played . I am marrying a FM9 and HX Stomp and Tonex One with analog pedals and a tube rig. It's the most ridiculous WDW rig .. and I'm just getting started with the pedalboard 🙂

Last edited:
Don't be alarmed, that's just one of my Maseratis. 🤣 I like to keep a few around.

The audio is the best $#|+ I have ever heard or played . I am marrying a FM9 and HX Stomp and Tonex One with analog pedals and a tube rig. It's the most ridiculous WDW rig .. and I'm just getting started with the pedalboard 🙂
But does it go 185? (car and rig)

Turns on power. Dials all set to max. plugs in guitar. opens up vol knob. holds pic in view as it catches the light and reflects brightly. Drops arm with steady arc and strikes that power chord. Boom. Is blown back 15 feet. I'm sure I've seen this somewhere before?.... ;) that's a bad ass wall of sound

Back
Top Bottom