FEAR FACTORY's Demanufacture sound in here!

Dave2000

Hello,

This is an attempt to create that awesome demanufacture guitar sound!

www.tddstudios.com/FF_DEMANUFACTURE_SOUND.mp3

It's the intro of the song Body Hammer, one of my favorite FF songs.
I think it's extremely close to the original.

5150 amp model with axefx cab's and 5 eq's :)

Ps; I know, sloppy playing and probably a bad mix (this was all done @ 12 o clock at night with headphones)

wow sounds pretty good!!
i was surprised when i found out that the tone on that cd is a modded marshall 800!! so heavy for a 800!

:shock:

man this tone is my no1 fav metal tone

I *know* someone can recreate this tone on the axe........are you using EMGS? 6 string or 7?

the 5 eqs doenst suprise me!!! what does blow me away was it was just a 800 with an amazing mod

please share!!!

The guitar i used is an Ibanez 7 string 2077XL with original passive pickups <- dimarzio or something.
It's funny,i tried this with the 800 model but just coudn't get it right.. o well, whatever works right! :)
I'll post the patch tonight. (@ work now, no axe fx :( )

Gr,

Dave

From sunny but cold Holland.

Dave2000 said:
The guitar i used is an Ibanez 7 string 2077XL with original passive pickups <- dimarzio or something.
It's funny,i tried this with the 800 model but just coudn't get it right.. o well, whatever works right! :)
I'll post the patch tonight. (@ work now, no axe fx :( )

Gr,

Dave

From sunny but cold Holland.

nice! honestly i think as a starting point trying the 800's etc is not bad but that amp is so far beyond a 800 in terms of heaviness it would make sense to use something else!

when i get home in a week or so I will post up what interviews etc i had with dino and that amp ...I got a work in progress myself! :ugeek:

dpeterson said:
am i missing something? sounds like a metalzone through a crate...

get real dude go and play a fender tweed or something... that was fukn BRUTAL!!!!!!!!! that sounds so much like the original it is unbelievable!!! i wasn't expecting it to be that spot on. i am blown away.

geamala said:
dpeterson said:
am i missing something? sounds like a metalzone through a crate...

get real dude go and play a fender tweed or something... that was fukn BRUTAL!!!!!!!!! that sounds so much like the original it is unbelievable!!! i wasn't expecting it to be that spot on. i am blown away.

And dont forget to also tell him to also go get a telecaster to play through that tweed as well. :lol:

Can it be done with 4 EQs? I was thinking 2 x GEQ + 2 x PEQ on the standard in that case.
Would you be so kind as to try that out and maybe put up a patch? :D

I love Metalzone, I loved my old Crate and I love Fear Factory tone! Don't care which order what comes. Sounds great! :mrgreen: Downloading!

dino used an jcm 800 !!! BUT it was not stock he was in a guitar shop and a guy was playing through a custom modified 800. dino like it so much that he asked the guy to modify it the same way the guy charged him 75$ to do it. to my understanding the guy doubled the gain. but i know he ran the lows at 10 mids at 0 highs at 10.

Back
Top Bottom