FCB1010

Okay, I think I found my answer, but would still like to hear from others whether it works differently for them.

From the UNO User's Guide (Page 8) (http://www.ossandust.be/files/FCB_UnO_v ... rGuide.pdf):

4. CC TOGGLING

It is possible to define 2 different CC values for each of the 2 CC messages, and enable
a TOGGLING mode for CC1 and/or CC2 separately.
When toggling mode is enabled, the patch will send alternating CC values : the first time
a patch is selected, it sends a CC message with its “primary value”; if the patch
footswitch is clicked a second time, it sends the same CC message, but this time with its
“alternate value” (see also the setup description).

It sounds like because the UNO firmware considers these to be patch switches, it will always send the primary value, the first time (in its view) the switch is pressed. The toggling only comes into play when the switch is pressed consecutively.

Ed

Hi Folks ...
Well, I finally got myself an FCB1010 and spent pretty much the whole day trying to get it working with my Ultra .... to no avail :oops:
I've been through this thread looking for answers and after downloading Voes settings (via midi) onto the unit realized something was/is wrong .... turns out i need an eprom chip from Belgium!?

So, i was just wondering, should the expression pedals work straight out of the box? The reason i ask is 'cos mine don't seem to do anything and after programming and re-programming both the pedals and the Axe the midi light still isn't flashing!? The footswitches are working and changing the preset numbers but the expression pedals seem to be dead...... Have i got a faulty unit or do i need the eprom before i can get going? Obviously i don't want to start 'operating' on it with then new chip if it's going to void the warranty!?

If I use the 'How to program the Behringer FCB1010 UnO without software' from Voes will this solve my problems?

Cheers

Rich

rick0chet said:
Hi Folks ...
Well, I finally got myself an FCB1010 and spent pretty much the whole day trying to get it working with my Ultra .... to no avail :oops:
I've been through this thread looking for answers and after downloading Voes settings (via midi) onto the unit realized something was/is wrong .... turns out i need an eprom chip from Belgium!?

So, i was just wondering, should the expression pedals work straight out of the box? The reason i ask is 'cos mine don't seem to do anything and after programming and re-programming both the pedals and the Axe the midi light still isn't flashing!? The footswitches are working and changing the preset numbers but the expression pedals seem to be dead...... Have i got a faulty unit or do i need the eprom before i can get going? Obviously i don't want to start 'operating' on it with then new chip if it's going to void the warranty!?

If I use the 'How to program the Behringer FCB1010 UnO without software' from Voes will this solve my problems?

Cheers

Rich

Until you get the UnO chip you should just be using the manual from Behringer.
There is also a free software editor called iFCB. Try Googling it.

All the UnO chip will really give you that's different from the stock chip is the Sromp-Box mode where you have 2 sets of 5 pedals. One set is for program changes and the other set is for IA switches.
You can also program a non-UnO FCB1010 to jave its patch switches behave like stomps, but it's not really the same thing.

Thanks for responding mate, much appreciated ......

Yeah i started off with the Behringer manual but couldn't get the expression pedals to work ...!?
Could it be a faulty unit?
I've tried the whole section 2.4.5 'programming expression pedals' bit and the corresponding parameter changes in the ( I/O > cntrl ) section on the axe, but nothing seems to be happening.....

R

rick0chet said:
Thanks for responding mate, much appreciated ......

Yeah i started off with the Behringer manual but couldn't get the expression pedals to work ...!?
Could it be a faulty unit?
I've tried the whole section 2.4.5 'programming expression pedals' bit and the corresponding parameter changes in the ( I/O > cntrl ) section on the axe, but nothing seems to be happening.....

R

have you tried using iFCB yet?

Hi Joey,
No not yet .... I'll download it later and see what happens!

Should the expression pedals be working anyway though?

rick0chet said:
Hi Joey,
No not yet .... I'll download it later and see what happens!

Should the expression pedals be working anyway though?

In my experience it's next to impossible to know exactly what's going on inside the FCB unless I'm looking at it on a software editor.
Programming it manually is just too convoluted.
Once you see everything on the screen you'll know how you really have everything set. Then it will be easier to set up the Axe to respond to the FCB the way you want it too.

There is a basic Global setup routine for the FCB that may have to be done manually though.
I believe this involves setting the MIDI channel, CC# and calibrating the 2 Expression Pedals.

There are 2 Yahoo FCB discussion groups, one for Uno and one sans UnO.
Check in there too.

Do you guys know anywhere I might be able to get an UNO EPROM? I see that the creator isn't shipping until the earliest of August 9th and I'm looking for one sooner then that. Any help would be appreciated.

Wow they shipped it out today. Can't be more then 5 days from anywhere in the US I'm guessing.

Expect plenty of questions when I get it (I'm a midiot) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom