• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FCB w/ UNO & Ripwerx- can't get stombox mode to work

Gasp100

Power User
Hey guys-

I'm following this tutorial: http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/pdf/fcb1010 programming with ripwerx software.pdf

to get my FCB w/ uno to run in stompbox mode.

Program changes are working fine, but on switches 6-10, I'm sending CC's associated to delay, but the effect isn't bypassing/engaging.

Any ideas what i could be doing wrong?

FWIW I bought the associated Uno software that he sells and used that (MIDI IN/OUT connected to computer via SEPARATE audio / midi interface, not the II) when I set mine up. It gives a great visual representation of the FCB and you have to DUMP the FCB configuration, create a new one and UPLOAD it back into the FCB. But it's really useful and makes things much easier (IMHO) ~$15 well spent.

Dutch

Fractal Fanatic
Hey guys-

I'm following this tutorial: http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/pdf/fcb1010 programming with ripwerx software.pdf

to get my FCB w/ uno to run in stompbox mode.

Program changes are working fine, but on switches 6-10, I'm sending CC's associated to delay, but the effect isn't bypassing/engaging.

Any ideas what i could be doing wrong?
There are quite a few things to do when programming this.
Voes's tutorial is an example. You have to program the Axe-FX to respond to those commands. Those the midi-in light on the Axe-FX light up when stomping? Are you sure you connected the cable correctly (only need one: from FCB-out to Axe in)? If you watch the midi window in Ripwerx, what does it say the fcb sends when you press a stomp?

You can post the .syx file with your programming here and we can look at it.

jjozwia

Power User
This is a setup did of a fcb1010 uno 1.0.3 via ripwerx for a friend. You can download it here and maybe that will assist with your config.

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
Pls RTFM :
"...
5. How to initialize stompbox mode :
Switch off the board, and keep the 1 and 10 keys pressed while switching on again. After the display turns off completely, release the 2 switches. The display will stay off for a few more seconds, then countdown from 9 to 0 starts, and the board is ready to use in stompbox mode.
..."
Then it will work, even with Ripwerx

Top Bottom