FC Controllers Now Shipping!

I don’t want to sound negative but I really am curious as to how these controllers are not readily available?

A little background prior to my whining :). I am a programmer in multiple languages, I also own an automation and IoT company so I am very familiar with most aspects of what would go into something developing something like an FC controller.

For most part I would assume that they are dumb machines as everything I’ve read is that the III is the brains of it. They have standard switches and old school displays that are already dated (Should have gone OLED for a really clean and professional look IMO). I’ll admit I have not dug deep into the specs, but are they using some ultra rare CPU’s or mono/logic boards that is causing this?

- Is it a manufacturing or parts issue, or both maybe?
- Are they trying to run that lean where they are ordering maybe only 10% of the waitlist demand or something along those lines? If this is the case why not just charge everyone now and put in an order for all of them.

Again I don’t want sound negative, but it’s very frustrating that I have had a III now for only a couple weeks and the only control solution is to buy something else, which I will ultimately sell later an take a loss on (post fc purchase)

My return period expired yesterday in which I decided to keep it. I almost returned it solely because of the lack of availability of these, or even knowing when. I have no idea how some of you have waited weeks, months, or close to a year even.

Any info appreciated, now back to my III

I don’t want to sound negative but I really am curious as to how these controllers are not readily available?

A little background prior to my whining :). I am a programmer in multiple languages, I also own an automation and IoT company so I am very familiar with most aspects of what would go into something developing something like an FC controller.

For most part I would assume that they are dumb machines as everything I’ve read is that the III is the brains of it. They have standard switches and old school displays that are already dated (Should have gone OLED for a really clean and professional look IMO). I’ll admit I have not dug deep into the specs, but are they using some ultra rare CPU’s or mono/logic boards that is causing this?

- Is it a manufacturing or parts issue, or both maybe?
- Are they trying to run that lean where they are ordering maybe only 10% of the waitlist demand or something along those lines? If this is the case why not just charge everyone now and put in an order for all of them.

Again I don’t want sound negative, but it’s very frustrating that I have had a III now for only a couple weeks and the only control solution is to buy something else, which I will ultimately sell later an take a loss on (post fc purchase)

My return period expired yesterday in which I decided to keep it. I almost returned it solely because of the lack of availability of these, or even knowing when. I have no idea how some of you have waited weeks, months, or close to a year even.

Any info appreciated, now back to my III
Wow. Where to start?

It's cool that you can code in multiple languages. But writing code is just one corner of designing, manufacturing and marketing electronic hardware. The rest involves working with contractors half a world away, and competing for resources with companies that produce millions of units. Coupled with a worldwide shortage of surface-mount capacitors, delays are inevitable.

There's more to the FCs than just switches and displays.

Fractal doesn't do preorders. They never have. And I'm glad of that. Fractal won't take your money until they have something to sell you.

I get that you're frustrated. So is Fractal. They'd love to be able to satisfy the wait list right now.

Last edited:
Wow. Where to start?

It's cool that you can code in multiple languages. But writing code is just one corner of designing, manufacturing and marketing electronic hardware. The rest involves working with contractors half a world away, and competing for resources with companies that produce millions of units. Coupled with a worldwide shortage of surface-mount capacitors, delays are inevitable.

There's more to the FCs than just switches and displays.

Fractal doesn't do preorders. They never have. And I'm glad of that. Fractal won't take your money until that have something to sell you.

I get that you're frustrated. So is Fractal. They'd love to be able to satisfy the wait list right now.

I have dealt with the process of sourcing parts and having them assembled overseas. That being both sourcing only the parts, and also having them sourced from various suppliers and then having them put together as a whole package and shipped back. That process is familiar to me.

I agree with your other points, and they are valid. It is the audio field, so maybe that’s where the separation exist from all my experiences.

There are several threads that discuss this, as well as many side conversations in this thread. Some even include reasons directly from Fractal.

Having knowledge in an industry is a double-edged sword. You know the ins-and-outs of the process and how simple or complicated it is which then dictates your opinion on how things "should" work. When you run into a situation like this that doesn't compute or make sense based upon your experience, naturally it has to be an error on Fractal's part.

I don't have any more knowledge of how Fractal works than most everyone else on the forum. My understanding is that they are a much smaller company than their footprint in the marketplace and music industry would have us believe. When it comes to international commerce, it would appear that size does matter to a large degree.

Got the FC6 today. It's really a place holder until I get a 12 invite. Will spend some time tomorrow figuring it all out. Looking forward to being able to use my III on the gig now.
Congratulations Rock On
I’m waiting on the Fc12
I’m sure that the Fc6 is awesome it has to be great to be able to control everything with your new controller :eek::)

Back
Top Bottom