Favorite Clean amp in the III?

Replying to myself, but since this post was in 2018, things have inevitably changed with time.

These days, I'm typically using an equal "mix" of two models: TX Star Clean and 59 Bassguy Bright.

Alternately, I might swap the Lonestar out for the CA3+ Clean or the 6G4.

I haven't used the Hook, Bludojai or CCV for some time - I should revisit them!

There are so many options that can work great for the tones I love!

In the past I also spent many, many hours using the (original) Buttery model which was my first go-to amp on Axe Fx II, the AC-20 Bass and the NuclearTone.
I’ve been thinking about blending the Morgan and a plexi clean sound as I like both but they do different things (plexi is a bit fatter) Glad to hear you’ve had good results with doing this!

Check out Preset #41 „Buttery“! Budda Amp, but tuned by Ear. I really enjoy this one!
When I got my first Axe Fx II back in 2013, I had been playing Budda SuperDrive II amps for many years.

My previous tube amp experience was limited to a Carvin Quad-X preamp with an H&K tube power amp and an Ashdown Peacemaker 40 1x12 combo.

So nothing in the Fractal...

I decided to just start scrolling presets and note the ones that had some appeal. No real attention being paid except the sound and the preset number.

I got to preset #41 and stopped. I spent a long time on the preset and it became my foundation for quite a while.

Funny that it was a Budda model and funnier still when I learned the history of the model.

The Buttery model got a lot of hours of my time, for sure.

65 Bassguy Bass and Normal are two of my go-to cleans. Flip in the Cut on the Bass channel and it tightens the lows for a nice "BF Fender with a pinch of Marshall" tone. Trades some "Fender bounce" for a little "Kerrrrang". Normal is pure BF Fender.

Delux Verb is really hard to beat and is another go-to for clean (and dirty - they yowl nicely when dimed).

The Tweed Delux is a nice amp for cleans if you use all 3 knobs. The other channel volume cuts low mids when most of the way up, which really makes for a sweet clean tone with the tone knob up around 3 o'clock and the instrument channel volume around 10 o'clock.

I like the Buttery and the AC15 a lot as well.

I have probably 40 amp collection presets set up with a clean amp and the same dirty amp (the Bludojai Lead), since I have a fairly short go-to list for gain-banger dirty/lead stuff - the Bludojai Lead, IIC+, and HRM....

Back
Top Bottom