Expression pedal

Dunlop DVP!
Love mine. If it's good enough for Guthrie Govan...
Very smooth and adjustable. And looks stealthy.

Enhancer? We are talking about expression pedals and not blocks, right??

Well yes, but we were talking about sweep size and how the pedal feels. The enhancer can change the way a pedal feels. For example you can set the sweep size and change things like the linear/logarithmic response.

So a logarithmic pedal with a long sweep can be changed to a linear pedal with a short sweep, or a reverse sweep. Other things to. Its hard to explain without seeing it.

Hi All, I'm using a spring-loaded Mission EP-1 as a dedicated wah pedal. That works great for me. I also have a separate SP-1 that I have connected but really not using it for much other than volume on a few patches. I'm looking for suggestions on other creative uses. Any ideas? Thanks.

So as we are talking expression pedals. I have a EV1 and have just set it up. I notice that the off value for wah seems to be default 5%. That means pedal up ( heel down) wah is off. This can be set to 95% like a cry baby of course. I am used to that as I had a cry baby.
But now I'm curious how many of youz are up=off
vs
down=off ?

So as we are talking expression pedals. I have a EV1 and have just set it up. I notice that the off value for wah seems to be default 5%. That means pedal up ( heel down) wah is off. This can be set to 95% like a cry baby of course. I am used to that as I had a cry baby.
vs
down=off ?
I use spring loaded, so heel down for me.

vs
down=off ?
it's just a default. i wouldn't read too much into that.

vs
down=off ?

You can use an Xpression fX enhancer and set the on & off values to be anything you want

You need the enhancer, and an expression pedal. The pedal plugs into the enhancer, and the enhancer plugs into the effect unit to be controlled. It is a unique device so a picture might help explain at the oz inventions website

There is a built in menu and knobs and things so you can set minimum & maximum depth, reverse sweep and other things. It has other unique features too such as using the pedal to control the enhancers built in ADSR.

They are a bit new so there are not many around, and I don't think their capability is well understood and so they have not taken off that I know of. But I use a pair of enhancers, and also use the wireless controller product too, to make some pretty cools sounds.

You can use an Xpression fX enhancer and set the on & off values to be anything you want

You don't need an external device to do that...

You need the enhancer, and an expression pedal. The pedal plugs into the enhancer, and the enhancer plugs into the effect unit to be controlled. It is a unique device so a picture might help explain at the oz inventions website

There is a built in menu and knobs and things so you can set minimum & maximum depth, reverse sweep and other things. It has other unique features too such as using the pedal to control the enhancers built in ADSR.

They are a bit new so there are not many around, and I don't think their capability is well understood and so they have not taken off that I know of. But I use a pair of enhancers, and also use the wireless controller product too, to make some pretty cools sounds.

You missed my point. He wants to set auto engage on a Wah to be at toe down, not heal down. The modifier has a setting for that... So, no, there is NO requirement for an additional piece of gear to accomplish that.

I understand that you are enamored with this "Enhancer" device as I'm not sure I've seen a single thread you've replied in where it wasn't mentioned, but that doesn't make it necessary for everything. By the way, are you somehow affiliated with the company that makes it?

You don't need an external device to do that...
sorry, I read that as a question. You don't need an external device to do that? Too many late nights :)

Enamored, yes I suppose I am. They are only made here in Australia. It's like having a flying car, when everyone else has a wheeled car. Maybe it will catch on, and if not, I guess I'm lucky, as there is no-one I know of that sounds like me when I use it.

Actually I suppose I should just keep quiet, and keep preparing my show. :)

Last edited:
Jumping on an oldie here...I have the Kemper Mission KP-1 that I am using with the AX8. I can't tell from the specs what the difference is in this and the SP-1. Am I missing something using the KP-1 instead of SP-1 as far as functionality?

Jumping on an oldie here...I have the Kemper Mission KP-1 that I am using with the AX8. I can't tell from the specs what the difference is in this and the SP-1. Am I missing something using the KP-1 instead of SP-1 as far as functionality?
On their site I see a model KP EP-1... Nothing called a KP-1.

The difference between the SP-1 and KP EP-1 is latching vs momentary switch... According to the website.

Both of those pedals(SP and EP) have a 10k pot. The Fractal EV-1 uses a 100k pot. The Cry-Baby I used to make an expression pedal also has a 100k pot. The sweep on the Cry baby matches very closely to the Fractal pedal although not as long. I also had an Ernie Ball MVP pedal that wasn't working. I wired in a stereo jack to give it a try. The Ernie Ball has a 25k pot. While the sweep looks linear on the graph in the editor program it isn't as smooth compared to the EV 1. It slowly ramps up and then at the last 20% of travel goes all the way. I'm not sure if this is due to the taper of the pot or because of the 10k - 100k difference.

Back
Top Bottom