Expression pedal

On their site I see a model KP EP-1... Nothing called a KP-1.

The difference between the SP-1 and KP EP-1 is latching vs momentary switch... According to the website.

Yes, I meant the KP EP-1. That switch difference I think makes it challenging to set up a Wah with a switch to then become a volume pedal.

EP1-KP
Momentary toe switch connected to a second output, works with some devices, but not the AX8.
10 inches long.

SP1
Latching toe switch connected to a second output, works with AX8
9 inches long.

The AX8 is expecting a latching switch. The switch contact must MAKE and hold, for the AX8 function to work.

So, yes, you are missing something. The AX8 wont work properly with the momentary switch in the EP1-KP. It would only work if you held the switch down permanently with your foot, and then obviously the pedal could not be rocked to modulate the chosen effect like Wah or volume. The switch could be stuck down with adhesive tape though. Or, maybe its a standard size switch, so you could swap it.

Last edited:
EP1-KP
Momentary toe switch connected to a second output, works with some devices, but not the AX8.
10 inches long.

SP1
9 inches long.

The AX8 is expecting a latching switch. The switch contact must MAKE and hold, for the AX8 function to work.

So, yes, you are missing something. The AX8 wont work properly with the momentary switch in the EP1-KP. It would only work if you held the switch down permanently with your foot, and then obviously the pedal could not be rocked to modulate the chosen effect like Wah or volume. The switch could be stuck down with adhesive tape though. Or, maybe its a standard size switch, so you could swap it.
Actually, a cursory glance at page 20 of the manual says that is not correct.

Either type works, and in fact, momentary is actually more useful:

593D00F9-491D-4201-A33D-A806AB4B2327.jpeg

EP1-KP
10 inches long.

SP1
9 inches long.

This is what I've experienced in a WAH & VOL Block set up to have the switch act to engage wah. Only WAH if I hold it down, however, the previous post seems to indicate you CAN tell the AX8 the switch will be Momentary...

Well, I have both the SP1 and EP1-KP, so I will experiment with configurations that are the most versatile. One pedal definitely going to double as WAH/VOLUME. Not sure what to do with the other.

This is what I've experienced in a WAH & VOL Block set up to have the switch act to engage wah. Only WAH if I hold it down, however, the previous post seems to indicate you CAN tell the AX8 the switch will be Momentary...

Well, I have both the SP1 and EP1-KP, so I will experiment with configurations that are the most versatile. One pedal definitely going to double as WAH/VOLUME. Not sure what to do with the other.
Did the EP1-KP end up working properly?

Hey guys just wondering what you guys recommend for which expression pedal to buy. Just looking for something to use with the wah effects, thanks!
I'm using 3 mini dunlop mounted on a Nano Pedaltrain and it is small an efficient for traveling or even to move around locally

Back
Top Bottom