everyone's favourite Factory Preset?

Contrary to most people, my favorites are mostly "special FX" kind of patches.
Before the Axe-Fx (Ultra, 4 years ago), I used effects sparsely; wah, modulation and delay/reverb just here and there.
I use the FX-heavy presets to learn how to build a special effect.
I'd have to look up my favorites.

Although the "pure amp" presets are fine since v6 and v7, I've little use for them, because I create my amp tones from scratch anyway.

USA Lead (all of them)
Before I went axe I was a Mark III/IV Studio Pre player.
the Usa Lead sims can get spot on.
HBE is up there but I don't use any of the stock presets.
but I do use some of the new 7.0 patches posted up on the Exchange

# 24 & I like Jeff Gorden too.......
Forget the # but Undulation w/drive kicked in is pretty cool.......

Originally Posted by FractalAudio
What, no love for Poltergeist Pig?

I always use that patch when I show-off the Axe for it's extremities. To me sounds more like whales when you play the appropriate notes.:D

The effects are great, but i'm so interested in the amp/cab sims i've rarely taken the time to noodle. Off the top of my head, Mr. Floyd and Run like hell.

Out of the first 50 presets 1987x wins for me. I just bump the drive to 7.13 and it's GOLD.

Out of the first 50 presets 1987x wins for me. I just bump the drive to 7.13 and it's GOLD.

yes, this one is tasty. especially if you engage the drive block (with drive down to about 2)

there's a lovely old skool vibe about this amp...it's kinda loose and dynamic...

i can't say i have a favourite factory preset, i've only gone through the first 50 or so once. i only use them for reference if i'm not sure where the master volume is supposed to be on a particular amp. they all sound great though. i always make my stuff from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom