EU pricing abuse from G66

If you're basing your "expectation of pricing" of US products in Europe as a straight conversion of US dollars to the Euro, then you're going to be mightily disappointed for all the reasons stated above.

This is nothing new and to blame G66 for it is ridiculous and doing them a grave disservice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Knowing how fair G66 people are I´m confident they have done their very best to keep the price as low as it gets. Really no reason to blame them! Fractal have chosen the boutique way so no wonder their products are not intended for the mass. I´m interested in the AX8 but I´m afraid its price will be well over the 2000 Euro mark. Good news are that Line6 will soon sell tons of Helix (mass product) and some will probably land on the used market for less than 1000 Euro... a real bargain even as FX unit only. Let´s wait and see

well all i can say is G66 just replaced for free the broken Psu on my FX2,i didnt paid shipment costs too,so......more or less i saved 90 euros with G66 service!!!

I second that and I know from personal experience as recently as today - delivery time, change of shipping service so my fx8 will arrive exactly the day I'm at home, goodwill, responding time etc etc. that these guys are outstanding. Highly recommended!

The guys at G66 repaired a broken audio connector on my AxeFx Standard five years after I bought it. I wrote a mail and asked what to do and they just told me to send it in. Repair and delivery back to me was done for free.... best service I've ever experienced.

I understand that other companies sell their products roughly at the same price in either currency ($ or €). Maybe this is possible because they produce/assemble somewhere in Asia and delivery cost to Europe/USA is about the same. As far as I know this is not the case for Fractal products.

More googlers will read this thread's negative title than will ever read all the positive responses.

The G-System is, well........the best part of the G-System is the use of the fx-processor unit apart from the pedal board. Beside that, the electronics inside were not even a 1/10th worth of whats inside a FX8 ;)

1600Euros is a lot of cash, but it's a Fractal ;)

This happens every time we release a new product. I don't think it's malice on the OP's part, just misunderstanding. In EU there is a VAT and it's substantial. Add to that shipping, duties, etc., etc. and the price adds up quick. Now compound that with a weak Euro.

If you really want to complain you should complain to your (so-called) leaders who take a disproportionate amount of your money to line their own pockets.

If you really want to complain you should complain to your (so-called) leaders who take a disproportionate amount of your money to line their own pockets.[/QUOTE]

Classic Europe.

This happens every time we release a new product. I don't think it's malice on the OP's part, just misunderstanding. In EU there is a VAT and it's substantial. Add to that shipping, duties, etc., etc. and the price adds up quick. Now compound that with a weak Euro.

If you really want to complain you should complain to your (so-called) leaders who take a disproportionate amount of your money to line their own pockets.

True words,

I payed the price and it is worth each and every cent. Amazing product.
FX 8 RULES ;-)

As Cliff said, don't blame g66 for the tax!

Sussi has always been amazing in terms of tech support and warranty repairs. I've never know customer service like it!

I WISH G66 were getting the extra money rather than the tax man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom