Epic 80's Song that needs recognition

To this day, the first image that comes into my brain is of Ted rocking a full hollow body Gibson. Few have the nerve.

iu

Ya! - In front of a mountain of screaming fenders - no wonder he is apparently quite deaf

sorry - stuck in the 70s again (slaps self)

Well if Nuge was a 70's guy, and them damn yankees were a 90's group, what was Uncle Ted doing in the 80's?
Oh that's right, he went to the Eddie Van Halen school of guitar playing.
I swear, when he came back out with them, I could've swore the dude had really been practicin'! Some of those solos were mind-blowing.

Well if Nuge was a 70's guy, and them damn yankees were a 90's group, what was Uncle Ted doing in the 80's?
Oh that's right, he went to the Eddie Van Halen school of guitar playing.
I swear, when he came back out with them, I could've swore the dude had really been practicin'! Some of those solos were mind-blowing.
yes - practicing for sure - and, while many other artists were playing keyboards in the 80s, Ted was busy hunting keyboards to make the world safer for rock and roll guitarists like you, me, and Alex Lifeson:

k ok - no more Ted Talk...promise

Last edited:
Yes, the cheese factor runs high with this one, but sure did crank this one up more than once....lol.

Great Pik! - have followed Jefferson Airplane / Jefferson Starship / Starship thru the years from hippy psychedelic to rock to pop. My fav of the lot, and underrated imo, is the Jefferson Starship Modern Times album released in 1981 - last song on side 1 has one of my favourite guitar solos in it + 1 of the longest guitar solos I've ever heard on a rock album. Here's a live version:

Back
Top Bottom