Epic 80's Song that needs recognition

Many of them were musicians/singers before being actors, or simultaneously.

Just because they're known for one thing doesn't mean they don't have aspirations musically, and may have started into acting after becoming musicians.

I am pretty sure Rick Springfield was "discovered" as an actor while he performing in a band.
Well, seems to be very few that can do both well. ;)

must be some country music fans here eh! - I take mine ooole style - here's one u n d e r r a t e d dude that really got rolling in the 80s but his sound brings me back to the country artists of the 50s/60s:

oye, where'd i put me tele

check out the Marshall and Boogie on that stage! - maybe Yngwie and Megadeth closed the show.

Lol! Not much a country music fan but I do love a lot of the old 60's and 70's classics.

Dwight Yoakam lived about 1500' where I live now, when he set out to make it in music. The high school music teacher that helped him in the beginning, she passed a few years ago but her property borders mine.

Conversely, musicians turned actors like:

Gene Simmons
David Bowie
Dwight Yoakam
Bette Midler
Cher
Elvis
Kris Kristofferson
Jerry Reed
Dolly Parton
A few of these did great acting perforances I recall: ie: Dwight Yoakam in "Slingblade", Cher in many movies of course but I'm thinking of "Mask" in particular. A fav of mine is Steven Van Zandt (E Street Band) who did a fantastic job playing Silvio Danté in The Sopranos with no prior acting experience.

I saw the Big Generator tour in 1987. They opened with Almost Like Love. It was a bold choice for an opener. I thought it was great but the crowd didn’t know it.

Shoot High Aim Low was one of the highlights of the live show. Such a strong song. Held up well next to the classic Yes.
I saw 90125 (from the 4th row!) and Union, but for some reason didn't catch BG. Love Will Find A Way was a great choice for a single, but Almost Like Love was a powerhouse of a song, and, imo, should've been also.
I used to play in 100-piece concert bands, so I always love hearing that "band tuning up/warming up" intro in SHAL, and the producers really captured the ambience of it also.
Actually, those Yes albums were always fantastic in their production; You'd catch all sorts of sounds and panning listening to them through headphones. I loved that era of Yes!

Back
Top Bottom