Epic 80's Song that needs recognition

Haha! Would you be shocked if I told you I bought a 1970 Camaro with glass packs, an aftermarket moonroof,
and Crager's on it for $1100 when I was a Junior in HS??
Haha! Wow. That's just a bit eery...
It probably had 15 gallons of Bondo in it, but it was fun
for thoose last two years of high school. 3 speed manual transmission and a stout 350 meant I smoked everyone
else in school on our mock 1/4 strip/road we used to race on. My fave was when a cocky ass "rich" kid, whose parents
bought him an early 80's Firebird, dump his tranny when we raced. That was priceless. :)
Would've loved to have seen that! Lemme guess... Neutral drop with an automatic?
As a teen, I got good at replacing clutches in my Mustang. :rolleyes:

Haha! Wow. That's just a bit eery...

Would've loved to have seen that! Lemme guess... Neutral drop with an automatic?
As a teen, I got good at replacing clutches in my Mustang. :rolleyes:

Haha! Yup. He must have literally blown out the seals and dumped all the tranny fluid right there
on the spot. :)

His Dad was the Banker in town. He raised a son whose shit didn't stink. I was the kid of a single
parent who still mowed lawns, shoveled snow in the winter, and had a paper route at 16 and 17
to earn my money. It was sweet!

Haha! Yup. He must have literally blown out the seals and dumped all the tranny fluid right there
on the spot. :)

His Dad was the Banker in town. He raised a son whose shit didn't stink. I was the kid of a single
parent who still mowed lawns, shoveled snow in the winter, and had a paper route at 16 and 17
to earn my money. It was sweet!
Gotta have a little schadenfreude every now and then!

Helix demonstrating that not only were the 80s awesome but that they also vastly improved on the 60s. Had to be a bit careful to be sure I posed the appropriate versions of these as Canadians were a bit more laissez-faire about clothing in music videos back then.

Last edited:
You say that like there is something wrong with it.
mullet is one of a few period referencing words that I've realized I rarely, if ever, heard of while actually living in that reference period - like "metal' in the 70s, "hairband" in the 80s, "psychadelic music" in the 60s...never heard these terms "back in the day of" - maybe I was "out of the loop"!

Helix demonstrating that not only were the 80s awesome but that they also vastly improved on the 60s. Had to be a bit careful to be sure I posed the appropriate versions of these as Canadians were a bit more laissez-faire about clothing in music videos back then.

Damn - totally forgot about Helix!

I agree. Never heard about "Mullets" until the 2000s.

https://hair.lovetoknow.com/History_of_the_Mullet
ya! I knew of them - actually I think had haircuts that would qualify as - lol! - just never recall anyone talking to a barber and referencing how they wanted their "mullet" shaped

Mullets signalled the era of more keyboards in the instrument lineup for my favourite band - I took the change hard yearning for those heavy riffs I grew up on - but later, and now, I've developed a love for the mullet era Rush albums:

Mullets signalled the era of more keyboards in the instrument lineup for my favourite band - I took the change hard yearning for those heavy riffs I grew up on -
Alex himself was not happy about that. I still liked it, although not as much, especially since the guitars were too low in the mix of Signals. Still, many great songs in that era. For me, I fell away from Rush after they stopped featuring keys.

I don't remember seeing any Mr. Mister... Although this song doesn't "need recognition," we blew that criteria up a while back, ;) so here's...
I had to change it to this version. Could you imagine playing on a stage with all these guys? I'd be so nervous I'd screw up an open G chord!

Last edited:
ya! I knew of them - actually I think had haircuts that would qualify as - lol! - just never recall anyone talking to a barber and referencing how they wanted their "mullet" shaped

Mullets signalled the era of more keyboards in the instrument lineup for my favourite band - I took the change hard yearning for those heavy riffs I grew up on - but later, and now, I've developed a love for the mullet era Rush albums:

Didn't that period when Geddy became so enamoured with keys and synth push
Alex to contemplate leaving Rush??

Back
Top Bottom