Epic 70’s songs and bands

Great post I have that fireball album. & the Manford Mann’s earth band album 💿 that makes me want to spin a album on the old turntable nice.
I think MMEB's best album was 'Watch'.

Man I used to listen to that album with my friends in the dark high on pot and LOUD!

Yeah that’s really a great album to I haven’t listened to it in a long time… I love this thread Im listening to stuff i haven’t heard in such along time. The good old days I’m glad I still have my vinyl collection. Lol

Topic for a new thread? :tearsofjoy:

Haha! Forum Police are everywhere these days. :)

From Wiki:

"Adrian Millar's girlfriend suggested The Babys and the unusual spelling stuck, Corby liked it because "it would piss mindless critics off."

Another version surfaced in a 1979 Hit Parader interview where Waite claimed

"The name was meant to be a joke. We took the name simply because the record companies wouldn't listen to any bands they thought were rock & roll. I mean, they wanted sure-fire teen bands, pre-teen bands. We couldn't get anybody down to hear us to get a record deal, so we called ourselves The Babys. We thought we'd keep the name just for two weeks. Then, the word got around in London that there was a band playing rock & roll called The Babys and it seemed so off the wall, so completely crazy, that it was worth taking a shot with. It really appealed to everyone's sense of humour."[4]

Haha! Forum Police are everywhere these days. :)

From Wiki:

"Adrian Millar's girlfriend suggested The Babys and the unusual spelling stuck, Corby liked it because "it would piss mindless critics off."

Another version surfaced in a 1979 Hit Parader interview where Waite claimed
ha! with my dyslexia (or maybe I'm just a shitty speller), I never noticed that, despite having their album in my milk crate back in the day.

Babies rhymes with Rabies, so it was probably smart to use some artistic license.

I do think it is so rock-n-roll to purposely misspell a word to piss off the critics. Bravo!!
Might have to steel that idea and use it around here once in awhile. :)

The other guitar player in an old band I was in turned us onto The Babys and suggested we work up Head First. Great cover song, easy to nail, as long as your singer can hit those notes in that last verse! We had to put it early in the set. But it always went over well.
When I lived in Hollywood, I used to work with the guitarist in The Babys (Walter Stocker). He's a great guy!

Brave Belt

Randy Bachman had a short lived / lesser known band called Brave Belt in the early 70s - pre BTO / post Guess Who. Here's a Brave Belt ditty some of you 70s nostalgists may recognize:

Still enjoying the Deep Purple. I remember when they released the Machine Head album oh man everyone thought Wow this is so awesome. I still love that album.
Really enjoying this blast from the past.

How about some Love! Although they were formed in the 60's, Arthur Lee continued to produce stuff into the 70's and beyond with that band name and variations thereof!! My first introduction was when leaving a record show (with a dozen or so cut outs under my arm), my friend and I saw a pink cassette tape that just jumped out at us. We looked at it and decided we would buy it and give it a try! The album is "Reel to Real" (1974) and it is still my favorite Love album after discovering their entire catalog which is VERY different than this album and also very good material!!! Here is the opening track from that album:

I generally listen to this album top to bottom, not a bad song on it IMO! I have been playing "Everybody's Gotta Live", which is the closing track of this album!! So go on, getcha Love on!!!

Back
Top Bottom