Epic 70’s songs and bands

Not much guitar but jeepers, what a song. Amoureuse is a French song by Véronique Sanson, released the year before this version. Olivia Newton John and Helen Reddy had a crack at it too, albeit with slightly different French-English translations. I think this is the definitive version, produced by Elton John. Kiki Dee live, 1973.

Not much guitar but jeepers, what a song. Amoureuse is a French song by Véronique Sanson, released the year before this version. Olivia Newton John and Helen Reddy had a crack at it too, albeit with slightly different French-English translations. I think this is the definitive version, produced by Elton John. Kiki Dee live, 1973.

👍 - my only Kiki Dee exposure up to now was this classic from 76 :

Last edited:
Love, love that bass guitar, and how it just drives that "Head First" tune. You just don't hear
and feel bass guitar like that in current music. I think that is one of the things I love so much
about 60's and 70's (and even 80's) music is the instrumental nature of the bass guitar and
how central it is to a song. Now everyone is like Jason Newsted trying to find themselves in the
mix, wondering why the guitars are so bottom heavy and the kick drum is so prominent.

I can't even hear me!!!!!???!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom