Enhancer Block: Amazing....

I beg to differ, but if it works for you then that's cool.

It entirely depends what you're using it for... If you're into tight metal mixes (and I am *cough*sig*cough*) then double tracking in mono L/R is by far better. But I can see it working nicely in a number of other genres, and it'd be good for a nice wide clean tone.

It entirely depends what you're using it for... If you're into tight metal mixes (and I am *cough*sig*cough*) then double tracking in mono L/R is by far better. But I can see it working nicely in a number of other genres, and it'd be good for a nice wide clean tone.

Yes, for rock and relaxed styles you can get away with it. However, regardless of the genre, wideners are the last thing I try. Personally, I'll use other techniques first if width is important to that mix.

But for live mono use - don't bother? I don't have my unit here to try it.

The OP's original comment about what Enchancer does for his cleaner tone - is there a better way to accomplish that? Something EQ-related? I'm really not good at dialing EQs.

Personally I put the enhancer at the end of a signal chain, if I use it. It does add to some presets, no doubt.

If you are using an actual cab, then you can run 2 cabs and be stereo without the enhancer, that's my stage set-up.
Axe goes to Matrix power amp and out to 2 4X12's. It's not awesome separation, yet since each cab has different speakers, it sounds great. IMO...
I just put the FX Loop block right before the cab block in the chain. Then FOH gets cab block with Enhancer and the matrix and cabs onstage do NOT.

... this is first grade nightmare fuel. O_O

...or coed fantasies ;)

Another nice usage for the enhancer is just after the loop block, on a parallel line. This way, only the looped part get the stereo treatment, and you can play on top of that in the middle of the stereo spectrum. Check my latest video for some of that stuff : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-preset-exchange/98722-fremen-presets-v-18-07-a.html

DUDE! Great idea!

I use it for metal mixes with
2008_02_07_great_success.jpg

Hi all, would it be recommended to use the Enhancer at the start of stereo effects (chorus, delay reverb) or completely at the end? (FX-8 user)

yes, at the end. There's only one scenario where I don't use it at the end but it's not relevant for the FX8

Only issue I have with the enhancer block is that it tends to push the outputs into clipping so I have backed off all my presets to compensate

Back
Top Bottom