Enhancer Block: Amazing....

It does work wonderfully for stereo though :) When I am trying to write stuff at home in PT I use it all the time to make the rhythm guitars sound like they are doubled. It makes it a lot easier to get an idea of what the double tracked finished takes will sound like.

Have often used the modern mode....mostly when using headphones. I find the the overall quality of the sound through headphones to be improved using modern, not so much using classic mode.

Hello all, I just started using the Enhancer Block.... Wow !!! I'm running it in Modern Mode in Mono. It looks like I'll be updating all my Presets with it now... It's that good ..

Anyone else using it here ?

If you like the Enhancer Block, an interesting alternative is to use the PITCH block. Select "Detune" mode and dial in Voice1 to -3ct, and Voice2 to +3ct. be sure to select STEREO as the input mode. Place this at the end of the signal chain.

Attachments

• Pitch block.jpg
    Pitch block.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 137
One thing I like to use it for is when I'm playing with backing tracks on YouTube. For example, if I'm playing along to a "Master of Puppets" backing track and playing the rhythm parts, I use the Enhancer in classic mode with a fairly wide stereo spread to emulate 2 guitars panned left and right. When its time for the leads, which are usually panned in the center, I'll turn off the Enhancer (since a lot of backing tracks take care of the supporting guitars during the solos).

Hi guys,

Base on your experience, where is the best place to put the Enhancer block? Before or after the amp?

I personally never use the Enhancer block. If I want my guitars to sound wide, I'll just use a little different tones/curves on each side. However, since I mostly play metal, I opt for tightness over width. Don't get me wrong. I'll double track when I record, but forget about all those wideners/enhancers and delaying tricks.

One last thing. If you are going to use the Enhancer block, don't overdo it. Subtlety is the key. Abuse it and you'll ruin your mix and wind up with phase cancellations.

I use it on literally every preset, even a small amount on bass presets. I don't even bother recording mono guitar tracks anymore.

Stereo tracks can actually kill the width of your mix. I know stereo guitar tracks sound cool when solo'd, but you're killing your mix. Yes, it sounds absurd, but trust me. For wide mixes, you need mono tracks that are panned hard left, hard right and anywhere in between.

Stereo tracks can actually kill the width of your mix. I know stereo guitar tracks sound cool when solo'd, but you're killing your mix. Yes, it sounds absurd, but trust me. For wide mixes, you need mono tracks that are panned hard left, hard right and anywhere in between.

FTFY: Stereo tracks can kill your width if you don't know what you're doing. I have recorded many stereo guitar tracks with the Enhancer in modern mode, and never had a problem with the mix sounding too narrow. If anything, they sound better than panned mono tracks.

FTFY: Stereo tracks can kill your width if you don't know what you're doing. I have recorded many stereo guitar tracks with the Enhancer in modern mode, and never had a problem with the mix sounding too narrow. If anything, they sound better than panned mono tracks.

I beg to differ, but if it works for you then that's cool.

Heavy enhancer block user here. I even use it before amps in dual amps presets for an extra stereo separation, with input left on one amp and right on the other. I know I'm not feeding the amps with a "right" signal but it works

Back
Top Bottom