Electro-Voice PXM-12MP report

Called around. The lowest price I could find was from Pro Sounds ($810). But, the customer service was ATROCIOUS. I mean GOD AWFUL. So I continued calling. Sweetwater is willing to sell them for $800+tax w/ free shipping. I grabbed 2. wth, i just left the band. time to rebuild!

Contact Ben 260.230.3272 directly at Sweetwater. Let him know you're part of the fractal community and would like to purchase an EV PXM-12MP and he'll give you the same pricing....ALONG WITH A 2YR WRTY

Regards,
pc
Contacted Ben, he said he can only offer that level of discount if you are buying 2 or more. Makes sense I guess. Just FYI.

remind him they have a price match guarantee regardless of how many you buy.

on second thought, screw him. they work on commission. if he wants to play stupid games. go to pro sound audio and sign up as a vip. youll see the $810 price. then contact sweetwater.

i hate the stupid games retailers play almost as much as the idiots willing to pay market adjustments on car purchases. plain stupid.

If anyone is interested I purchased a used one but in mint condition from ProAudioStar for $729. I got some clarification about it and that one in particular was a customer return. A little while after ordering I received an email saying they have a promotion going on and are able to offer me a brand new B stock item with the full warranty for $779. Seemed like an easy decision. May be worth seeing how many more B stock ones are available.

Last edited:
Realized an additional benefit this weekend: I can get my own monitor feed (bass drum mostly) from FOH via the secondary input.

Kinda obvious but I did not realize this earlier.

If anyone is interested I purchased a used one but in mint condition from ProAudioStar for $729. I got some clarification about it and that one in particular was a customer return. A little while after ordering I received an email saying they have a promotion going on and are able to offer me a brand new B stock item with the full warranty for $779. Seemed like an easy decision. May be worth seeing how many more B stock ones are available.

After looking through this thread and checking online, apart from just paying MSRP of $949.99 the best options appear to be
  • ProSound Gear (open box) for $819.99 (free S&H)
  • ProAudioStar (used) for $729.99, and;
  • ProAudioStar B-stock for $779 (if still available)
Are there any options I missed or any notable cons with any of those three? From previous replies it sounds like ProSound Gear may not have great customer service. I'm not sure how used/open-box would affect the warranty.

After looking through this thread and checking online, apart from just paying MSRP of $949.99 the best options appear to be
  • ProSound Gear (open box) for $819.99 (free S&H)
  • ProAudioStar (used) for $729.99, and;
  • ProAudioStar B-stock for $779 (if still available)
Are there any options I missed or any notable cons with any of those three? From previous replies it sounds like ProSound Gear may not have great customer service. I'm not sure how used/open-box would affect the warranty.
I wouldn’t piss on ProAudioStar if they were on fire.

They sold me a Nord Electro described on Reverb as in mint condition that arrived poorly packed with the metal case bent with a broken part of some sort rattling around inside it. I immediately contacted them about it, showing photos of the damage and after some back and forth arranged to have it sent back. They then proceeded to hold on to my money for over a month after getting the unit back at their location. I had to ultimately get Reverb involved to get my money refunded which in the end, I believe, was actually paid by Reverb.

I got my PXM-12P from Sweetwater for $800.00 + tax with free shipping. No hassle other than a little dickering with my sales engineer.

I got my PXM-12P from Sweetwater for $800.00 + tax with free shipping. No hassle other than a little dickering with my sales engineer.
I saw that. What exactly did you have to show them to get that deal? Sorry if I missed that detail, just I saw they were seeming telling others they had to get two or more for that deal and I didn't see anything posted at that price to ask them to match.

And yes, ProAudioStar is now off my list of options.

i didnt have to show anything but i believe sweetwater pulled up the competitor's website pricing just to verify.

I saw that. What exactly did you have to show them to get that deal? Sorry if I missed that detail, just I saw they were seeming telling others they had to get two or more for that deal and I didn't see anything posted at that price to ask them to match.

And yes, ProAudioStar is now off my list of options.
I didn’t have to show them anything. My sales engineer never brought up any two or more conditions for the sale. He offered up a price reduction and I countered with an $800 offer which he accepted. Simple as that.

Their sales engineers have some latitude in negotiating. That two or more requirement was most likely the product of that sales engineer’s imagination.

I didn’t have to show them anything. My sales engineer never brought up any two or more conditions for the sale. He offered up a price reduction and I countered with an $800 offer which he accepted. Simple as that.

Their sales engineers have some latitude in negotiating. That two or more requirement was most likely the product of that sales engineer’s imagination.
Is there currently a competitor with an $800 listing or did you just ask for a lower price like negotiating with a car dealer?

Is there currently a competitor with an $800 listing or did you just ask for a lower price like negotiating with a car dealer?
I didn’t have to have a competitor listing. I have a great relationship with my Sweetwater guy. I’ve been dealing with him since 2012.

He knows that if he takes care of me when he can I’ll buy from him. It’s really that simple. I also don’t nickel and dime him to death on small purchases. I save that for the big ones.

Can you guys compare it to the Yamaha dhr12m? similar product it seems but at least in Europe is 200€ cheaper that the EV.

Back
Top Bottom