Eeee-Clarkarena! Cab Pack 11 & 12 (?) CLIP

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
To those who can't wait to dance the Macarena here's the clip. There are dance instructions behind the link:

To those who'd like to hear the guitar sound isolated:

I'm not actually sure if these will be 11 and 12 but they're the ones that should be out relatively "soon".

So one of these packs is the SV Bass which we've discussed before. There's really no other reason for the delay except for the beta team being really busy with G3 testing.

The guitar cab however is the 5153 4x12! Huge low end!! Tight but huge low end. My personal opinion is that if you like the 5153/PVH amp sims a lot or this specific guitarist who can't stop smiling then you will probably want to try these out. F.ex. in my case I've always thought that the 5153 sims have way too much gain and it easily gets out of control when I use that amp sim. You can definitely notice that these were designed to work together since at least I feel that these IRs sort of reduce the amount of gain. I know it sounds impossible but essentially it cuts the "gainy" trebles out and gives this super tight huge low end. Kind of muffles the over the top clarity/directness of the 5153. I used the 5153 Red with a lot of gain for the clip above and IMO it's a good demonstration of what I'm trying to describe. At least for me it doesn't sound over the top. :)

Also this is my first mix with my new home monitors (Yamaha HS7) so if it sounds bad I apologize since I'm still trying to learn how to mix with these. :)

Hear that speaker tone? Yeah, it's really there. Fits right smack in the mix? Yes. Quality recorded tone for both the guitar and bass. Nice work.

I know it's been mentioned, but think a lot of us would love to hear your take on other classic cabs (2x12, 1x12, etc.); because that is good stuff.

BIG BOTTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin
That's what I said
The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
Or so I have read

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
I like to sink her with my pink torpedo

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom, drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

Read more: Spinal Tap - Big Bottom Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Aww man thank you guys for all the kind words!

The bass is actually just a single SM57 IR. The more I've been using that SV Bass cab pack the more I feel like less is more. Sure blending the mics adds new dimensions and that's what I did with the Red Hot Chili Peppers (https://soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/dani-california-sv-bass-cab-pack) and Flyleaf (https://soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/sv-bass-im-so-sick) demos but if you want that raw miked up sound that really gives the feeling of a miked up cab a single mic works wonders. Actually the same thing goes for guitar cabs. Although in this clip that's an SM57-E906 Alloy I've been really happy with the super realistic sounds of using just a single SM57 IR. A single mic IR retains more mic character and blending more mics adds more cab character. We have so many options nowadays that it's really easy to do too much. :)

I think these G12"PVH" speakers are pretty cool. They're only 20 watters but this 5153 cab felt really focused and in the room it had this almost Mesa type dark/angry quality to it. The tone is very unique. I'd love to say that it's like a 20W V30 with a more vintage character overall but a modern low end with a lot of punch. So essentially nothing like a V30. :lol

I find the same with tracking bass with real amps and cabs.

It's not like your basic Marshall rock guitar tone that can use some phase shift to add bite.

For bass, too much comb filtering / phase shift with multiple mics actually makes the bass track less distinct and less punchy.

Maybe its just a more obvious change when the phase is affected because of the lower frequencies?

I find the same with tracking bass with real amps and cabs.

It's not like your basic Marshall rock guitar tone that can use some phase shift to add bite.

For bass, too much comb filtering / phase shift with multiple mics actually makes the bass track less distinct and less punchy.

Maybe its just a more obvious change when the phase is affected because of the lower frequencies?

That's exactly what I noticed. I tried doing Alloys for that bass cab but that just sounded bad. So this bass cab pack has MPT'd tight mixes instead. Bass is a different thing for sure.

Big sound! Like always! :encouragement: To entlarge and increase my pleasure i tried the Macarena with it ... but Dude ... this time, Clark fails!!!!!!!!! You CAN`t dance the MACARENA on these Clips! If you can, something is wrong with you, i believe! :lol

Big sound! Like always! :encouragement: To entlarge and increase my pleasure i tried the Macarena with it ... but Dude ... this time, Clark fails!!!!!!!!! You CAN`t dance the MACARENA on these Clips! If you can, something is wrong with you, i believe! :lol

Thanks Morphoses! I can shoot a video tutorial on how to do the Macarena on top of this song if you need help with it. :lol

Back
Top Bottom