DynaCab Pack Limited Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think those are errors. I know the Friedman cab is @Mark Day's, and it has two different speaker models in it. Those are all wired together, so I'm thinking together they produce a single total load on the amp, creating that one speaker impedance curve. I'm pretty sure the Dumble is the same deal.
Friedman GB and Friedman V30 are two completely separate DynaCabs that can be used independently of one another (same with Rumble EV12S and L), so, I still don't see how two different DCs with different speakers in each would have the exact same SIC values. Maybe the standard drop down Friedman curve makes sense if mixing both of those DCs together as you mention (so fine as an unmapped curve for folks know the history of it to use), but I don't think anyone is expecting that generated Auto-SIC values for a given individual DC actually applies (wrt accuracy) to a mix of 2 DC cabs (few would know what that mix even is?). Still looks like an error to me.

Last edited:
Friedman GB and Friedman V30 are two completely separate DynaCabs that can be used independently of one another (same with Rumble EV12S and L), so, I still don't see how two different DCs with different speakers in each would have the exact same SIC values. Maybe the standard drop down Friedman curve makes sense if mixing both of those DCs together as you mention (so fine as an unmapped curve if folks know the history of it), but I don't think anyone is expecting that generated Auto-SIC values for a given individual DC would actually apply to a mix of 2 DC cabs (few would know what that mix even is?). Still looks like an error to me.
The Friedman cab has two Greenbacks and two V30s. The impedance curve is for the cabinet as a whole. The DynaCabs are for the individual speakers. Therefore the same impedance curve applies to both DynaCabs.

The Friedman cab has two Greenbacks and two V30s. The impedance curve is for the cabinet as a whole. The DynaCabs are for the individual speakers. Therefore the same impedance curve applies to both DynaCabs.
k, I missed the nuance that the Friedman GB and Friedman V30 DCs are actually 2 halfs of the same physical cab (and Rumble L and S the same I guess as Mr Epicicity mentioned).

Edit: So thinking about it now that I understand better, to get a hard panned stereo 121/57 IR mix of the complete authentic Friedman 412 I'd need 8 cab slots using on-board DC! - doable in Ax3, but worth it cpu-wise to mix down to 2 in CL4👍👍 - when's the Friedman DC pack coming out?!?!

Last edited:
Being able to angle the dynamic mics at 45 degrees would be nice and maybe a few more mic choices (I’m a big fan of the Audix i5 and AKG112). Still, even without those this is a huge win!

I'm having to switch the Audio/MIDI Setting for the Active output channels off and back on again to get the sound to update to current settings of the mic position/volume/solo/mute/whatever.

Not sure if it's been mentioned up thread. Have read the thread, but not memorized it.

Also:
Completely unimportant wierdness: The "Time Alignment ( i )" pop-up text changed wrapping and bumped the size of the pop-up a line taller when I selected text within it.

Deets:
2019 Intel Macbook. 2022 Scarlett audio I/O box. 2021 FM9 non-Turbo.

Oh, BTW:
Found a magical sound with the AC20 Celestion Blue:
Screenshot%202023-10-14%20at%209.57.24%20PM.png

A 57 in just the right spot (it's soloed - so no ribbon mixed in) with my Strat gives wonderfully crisp, slightly bass-shy low strings, with balanced, clear mids and trebles. It's got a wonderful "sits in the mix" quality for cleans and EOB. Bridge alone is just an RCH this side of strident, which means it'd sound bright and punchy in the mix. The other switch positions are a little fuller in the lows, but still retain great detail. The soundguy/engineer dude could add just a touch of lows without spoiling it (or add a ribbon down a bit in the mix) to add in some weight on the low strings for different styles of music, but the core of the sound is right there. I get why a lot of folks just "stick a 57 against the grille". For most pop and rock stuff, this works with minimal fuss.

Last edited:
Oh, BTW:

A 57 in just the right spot (it's soloed - so no ribbon mixed in) with my Strat gives wonderfully crisp, slightly bass-shy low strings, with balanced, clear mids and trebles. It's got a wonderful "sits in the mix" quality for cleans and EOB. Bridge alone is just an RCH this side of strident, which means it'd sound bright and punchy in the mix. The other switch positions are a little fuller in the lows, but still retain great detail. The soundguy/engineer dude could add just a touch of lows without spoiling it (or add a ribbon down a bit in the mix) to add in some weight on the low strings for different styles of music, but the core of the sound is right there. I get why a lot of folks just "stick a 57 against the grille". For most pop and rock stuff, this works with minimal fuss.
I am going to try that right now 👍
Amp settings?

iMac Intel - OSX14 / AxeFXlll Markll - FW 23b1

I just tested the plugin version of Cab-Lab4 in LogicProX (10.7.9)
JMP Master Model 100W Lead > X-Load-LB2 > Apogee sound card > Logic ProX

- Every time I create a track in Logic Pro, and use the Cab Lab4 plugin, I must authorize it via Cab-Pack Manager!

- When I change my sound card: Apogee > AxeFXlll for example, I must also reauthorize all the tracks via Cab-Pack Manager

- Tracks already authorized via Cab-Pack manager remain operational.

- Apart from that, everything seems to work perfectly in the plugin version

- I really like the sound of these DynaCab Packs!! Raw and consistent!

Last edited:
Oh, BTW:

Funny! In lieu of having my go-to DynaCabs in CL4 (Recto Straight and Rumble 12L), I was playing with the AC20 and stumbled upon a very similar sweet spot.

Usually, a 57 in the dead center is not a good tone (IMO), but the AC20 cab works with centered 57 very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom