Dweezil Zappa presets posted on Axechange!

Hello FF's,
I'm running the 7.4 Firmware. I used an Eric Johnson Strat for the EJ sound and I actually used my SG for the Van Halen sound. I figured that a standard humbucker guitar would translate the best, nothing too custom.

The EJ tone is made to sound more like his actual rig than the finished record sound. On the record it ends up quite a bit brighter than the original source tone. Try the sound with the reverb switched off.

I like it better that way.

The Van Halen sound is intended to be as close to the record as possible. Any treble adjustments should be made at the MBC first.

Regards, DZ

Thanks so much! You've piqued my curiosity on the mbc. While the concept makes a lot of sense, I have to admit that I didn't have much luck working it. I can't wait to take these patches for a test drive. I really appreciate you sharing these.

acwild said:
Thanks so much! You've piqued my curiosity on the mbc. While the concept makes a lot of sense, I have to admit that I didn't have much luck working it. I can't wait to take these patches for a test drive. I really appreciate you sharing these.

My thought exactly !

Thanks so much Dweezil !

Thanks Dweezil!

Two thumbs up!
Borat_Two_thumbs_up_yours.jpg

Thank you for sharing. Can I ask if you run any analog pedals in front of the Axe on these two presets or just guitar-axefx-board or power amp etc?

Also, just curious if you know if Blues S has tried out the Axefx. I'd love to have a patch that nails his custom amp tone. ...of course, it'd still be my hands and not his playing through it. :?

thanks.

Just curious. I noticed that there's a lot of shunt blocks that aren't attached. Are these afterthoughts?

Thank you, thank you, thank you Dweezil!

Besides dialing in absolutely amazing tones, your use of the multi-band compressor will help the AF community be a better place and users to refine their efforts on patches.

You totally rock!

Just got home and tried this eruption patch

WOW, this MBC is really making the difference! Thank you dweezil for sharing and teaching this to us.

Question: why do you set your filters with a gain up to 4.5 and 10.5 dB? Since it's a Null-filter that won't affect things, or am I wrong assuming this?

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom