Dweezil Zappa presets posted on Axechange!

browlett said:
Go to http://www.axechange.net. Click on Presets. Look for anything under the "Author" column listed as "D Zappa". Scroll through each page. Fortunately, they seem to be listed in reverse chronological order (the newest ones are first), so you shouldn't have to look to far.
Actually, you can select how you want them sorted. Next to the "ID" heading, you can choose ascending or descending... but more to the point, select ascending in the "Author" heading. All presets by author "D Zappa" are on pages 6 and 7. Scrolling pages is ssssllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwww, so enter the number 6 manually to skip pages 2-5.

Of course, that doesn't help if you're looking for "zappa" (for that, you need a search that works, or just to be lucky enough that the user name is "zappa" and not "D Zappa").

Hello FF's,
I posted a "Top Secret" kind of sound called Dweezil Plex Mod 1. It will be my last for a while. It's a soft clip retro version of a different well known Zappa sound. I'm saving the actual sound I'm referring to for private use for the time being...

This one sounds great with Strats and Humbucking guitars. Try an analog fuzz pedal in front of it and have some real fun.

Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar!

DZ

dweezil zappa said:
Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar!
DZ
:mrgreen:

Exactly!
But to be honest, with the endless possibilites in the Axe-Fx, it could get really hard to just do that and not get lost in playing with the the Axe-Fx rather than with your Axe! ;)

Dweezil, thank you very much for contributing your time to this wonderful community!
I very much enjoyed both of your ZpZ concerts in "Dweezildorf" / Germany, loved the band, loved your sound, so i am very keen on seeing you guys again sometime! (And hearing your new, slightly (read: Ultra) more manageable tour-rig then..)

Best regards,
quasimono

wow!!!!!
Nice presets!!!

I'm a great fan from your tone in confessions album(great album,i love it!).
Can you share some presets with "confessions flavor"???????love "the kiss" clean sound ,and the lead tone of "Earth and bad girl"!!!
I still keep all your old vinyl records.
Confessions rocks!!!

thanks Dweezil!!

JAVI.

Standard user here. I downloaded the Dweezil van halen presets and love them, esp. version 3. Played a gig using this preset entirely using guitar controls (Kramer Jersey Star) for variation and switching the fx in and out. Worked extremely well.
My question is, does the MBC make much of a difference?
Would a kind ultra user post a couple of clips of the preset, one with it on and one with it off for comparison.
May be time to fork out for the ultra. Either that or fork out for a standalone multi band on evil bay......

The function of the MBC compressor in the VAN HALEN preset is two fold. Overall level control/maximization and a frequency adjustment that makes the final sound a bit brighter. With the MBC on it will sound very close to the finished record. With it off it will sound more raw and have more low end. I actually really like the sound of the amps with all of the effects switched out. One side is bright and one side is dark. It makes a good stereo image. The original master tapes are actually recorded that way.

One cabinet had JBLs and one had Celestions. There was likely a few clicks of API EQ added to both during the recording process.

On a final note, the compression helps bring out the reverb details and does increase the ease of playability. All of the components are useful.

I'm glad the sound is working for you.

Regards, DZ

Hi ! Is there a way to find the presets ? I know we are in 2022 but I don t find them.

I agree. I just discovered this thread. A buddy of mine was talking me about DZ posting a preset for “Alright Now” from Free and how awesome it sounds. I’d LOVE to be able to check that out. This thread certainly dates back though….

Keep Rockin!!

Billy T

Back
Top Bottom