Dutch Axe-Fest 2016 (videos and pictures added)

Back from a nice and inspiring day. I liked it very much to see the demo's and meet so many nice people.
Thanks everyone for the demo's, attending and the fun!
For now I go to sleeeeeeep.

Will come back later with pics and more.

80+ people showed up over the course of the day. Including candidate-buyers.

@Morphosis shot some IRs live, and demonstrated how close the sound of the IR is to that of the mic'd cabinet.
@Guitarjon 's DAW-mixing tutorial was very well received.
@Anand Mahangoe built a preset and performed "Surfing with the alien" Boogie with it.
@Jens played a song for us.
I did a couple of presentations.

We showed upcoming AX8 firmware 3.50 and the FX8 Mk II that was announced this week.

And a new 1x12 FR cab from Matrix: the FR12, super light and still 300 watts. Sadly I didn't have time to try it myself.

And there were more TIFY sessions (try it for yourself).

Kudos for @GibsonLesPaul for the smooth and solid organization, and many thanks to sponsors G66 and @Stomplabels and Cabir.eu.

Last edited:
80+ people showed up over the course of the day. Including candidate-buyers.

@Morphosis shot some IRs live, and demonstrated how close the sound of the IR is to that of the mic'd cabinet.
@Guitarjon 's DAW-mixing tutorial was very well received.
@Anand Mahangoe built a preset and performed Satch Boogie with it.
@Jens played a song for us.
I did a couple of presentations.

We showed upcoming AX8 firmware 3.50 and the FX8 Mk II that was announced this week.

And a new 1x12 FR cab from Matrix: the FR12, super light and still 300 watts. Sadly I didn't have time to try it myself.

And there were more TIFY sessions (try it for yourself).

Kudos for @GibsonLesPaul for the smooth and solid organization, and many thanks to sponsors G66 and @Stomplabels and Cabir.eu.
Thanks yek!
Also a big thanks for your organizing of this day with all the technic and program.

Thanks to Anand, Jon, Markus, Rob and Jens and Jill for their inspiring demo,s and hard work.
It was a great day, enjoyed it very much, met a lot of nice people and great so many people came and stayed till the end.

And a big thanks for our sponsors G66, Stomplabel and cabIR.eu who helped to made this day possible

Hi all, Yek was kind enough to give Anand's patches (attached) as used during the demo to me. However .. they were made on the Axe-Fx II XL and I can only load Axe-Fx II unfortunately. Anyone have a way to convert them to Axe-Fx II patches?

Attachments

• AxeFest - Anand1.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 10
  • AxeFest - Anand2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 9
Hi all, Is there anything you can share about the AX8 firmware 3.5 OR the Matrix FR12 ?
For one thing, you can designate footswitches as Control Switches, undo user hem as modifiers for any modifiable parameter.

After a 7 hours nightmare traveling(by train) back to Germany i will also say a big thank you, especially to Carl and Yek, making this Fest a blast again! It was just great fun!

Attached my little PP presentation about "the very basics about cab IRs" as PDF:
https://www.cabir.eu/_external_content/Some basics about cab IRs.pdf

Thanks to all for the great discussions we`ve had about and the help of Jon and Alexander, when we doing the A/B comparison IR vs. real cab thru PA in the live demo.

Guys: Can`t wait for the Dutch Axe-Fest part III ;)

We appreciated your presence! It was an eye-opening demo of yours. Sorry about to hear of the journey back.

Back
Top Bottom