Dude is selling his coupon on ebay.

That is complete jerk stuff man I hate that I mean if your not goin to use it then one get rid of it let fractal know or give it to a buddy or something if you can do that even anymore. Thats like people with food stamps selling them for 25 cents on the dollar or ask to pay for my groceries if I will give them cash for their alcohol or cigarettes. Sad that people do this in the first place and can get away with it humanity is lost.

How many unopened IIs have surfaced here and on ebay? Basically the same thing.

At the time of this post 5 Axe ll's + a coupon, seems to about average. There were about the same when I was looking for an Ultra last month.

The truly pathetic thing is that these jackasses wouldn't be selling coupons or unopened Axe-IIs if people weren't creating a market for them. :roll

That's what gets me, I just wouldn't think that there'd be much of a market. I mean just put your name on the list and wait. I survived it....barely. :)

Unfortunately, self-restraint is not a quality that many a musician have in abundance. Ergo, these morons continue to stay in business.

Why not do away with the whole coupon thing and just sell the unit for $2199?

You can jump the line by paying a list price ($2599), or you can wait for your coupon and pay the $2199.

Essentially, if you can't wait you pony up $400 more. Personally I'd rather pay Cliff the extra $400 and get the warranty then buy it off eBay for the same price sans warranty, so I don't understand a US buyer going the eBay route.

I report all such listings to eBay as fraudulent. You all could do the same.

Too bad we check the email against the waiting list. We've had a bunch of these lately.

If email addresses are the only criteria checked then it's easy to exploit is it not?

Open a new gmail account - get on the list - get your coupon code - sell the coupon code and supply the gmail login.

Logging Names and Addresses would not really work either because a name means nothing to a delivery courier and anyone could say they've moved address since first ordering and 'my relative' is paying with their credit card is enough of an excuse to give when names differ from initial email I'm sure.

Awkward ....

Taking a $400 deposit might work - but who wants to outlay that for a few months?

Well - there's nothing to stop people from reporting the seller to Ebay - I think there's even a 'coupon abuse' selection in the reporting details?

I know Ebay are more interested in getting their selling fees - but if it's reported as fraudulent enough times maybe they'll take action and maybe even block any future attempts to sell FAS coupons?

Doesn't affect me over here in Europe - but still, it's not a nice thing to see if you're on the US list or a full price buyer I'm sure.

<edit> Fast fingers Matt just got his post in before me (report as fraud to ebay)

Last edited:
I spend a lot of time on ebay. Next time I see this I'll report it.
I really dislike people selling a ticket or a brand new axe fx just for the money.

You can jump the line by paying a list price ($2599), or you can wait for your coupon and pay the $2199.

Essentially, if you can't wait you pony up $400 more. Personally I'd rather pay Cliff the extra $400 and get the warranty then buy it off eBay for the same price sans warranty, so I don't understand a US buyer going the eBay route.

That's what I did, and very happy about that decision.

That's what gets me, I just wouldn't think that there'd be much of a market. I mean just put your name on the list and wait. I survived it....barely. :)
+1, me too.

I have to admit I had an Ultra to see me through so I can't really claim to suffering too badly. But I did do it the right way!!

Back
Top Bottom