Downgrading to FW9

If it wasn't to improve the product then there wouldn't be a bugs section. And many of the posts made in other sections have lead to improvements (Including the Lenny thread).

Anyhow its pointless arguing things like this when its so obvious to see certain bias etc no matter how much denial or reframing.

And it is awesome cliff never stops in ways to improve the axe-fx and also listens to people on here from threads like this , the dual recto etc.

I stated my opinion, not needing you or anyone to agree with me. That's not an argument. Forums are extremely fickle when it comes to public opinion and unproductive generally when used as focus groups of any sort. The primary goal of any forum is to foster community and have a place for discussion. The only section I would call the 'improvement' section is the wishlist sections. That's hardly the primary mover and engine of this or any forum.

On Topic: If you like v.9, then by all means, load it up and have at it. Why that becomes a reason to argue on a forum is beyond me.

we have a contender for the most ridiculous post award...

I'm sorry but this is the problem with these forums. Some people have made this a religion rather than just having a conversation. Its frustrating as heck that someone can't post what they are experiencing without triggering some emotional attack. Just chill please! I completely agree with the author on items 1, 2, and 3. I have had exactly the same experience. If you read through the posts its obvious that there are two camps, those that love FW 9 and those that love FW 11. For whatever reason it works for them. There are an infinite number of variables not only in Axe FX but also in the connected gear. It sounds like FW 12 will allow selectability of the modelling magic that was used for FW 9. Could be the greatest thing ever. Then everyone would be happy. Some FW 11 advocates just can't believe that other people are having a less than perfect experience. I don't get it.

By the way, I do believe that the Axe is an awesome product and Cliff and team are doing some amazing things.

Last edited:
Ver. 12 sounds to be a excellent move into packaging things better. I'm sure we'll be able to make necessary personal changes to taste. I'm on v10 now, and not complaining. v12 sounds to be a real improvement. Seems that what's going to be cool about this is that I can select this amp package, I don't have to figure out where else to go and make changes. Most of those changes will be available within that package. I also will have the ability to go beyond that if I wish. I could be completely wrong about what i'm exclaiming, maybe someone else can explain v12 in a better light. Thank Cliff!:encouragement:

Last edited:
Triode Hardness at zero gives a smoother distortion with reduced upper harmonics. However if you carefully compare a real tube preamp with the Axe-Fx models you'll clearly hear the difference as you reduce Triode Hardness. It's even more apparent when you compare the distortion spectrum. It's yet even more apparent when you use measurement techniques that learn the proper value.

For certain styles of music lower values may be desirable. The user has the ability to adjust the value to whatever he feels most suits his tastes. What works for one person may not work for another.

This is the kind of information that is truly helpful to us. I find that while I like the liveliness and accuracy of some of the amps for certain styles of playing, after a while the Marshall type fizziness gets extremely tiring. It starts to all sound the same. Its frustrating when you don't know how to dial it out.

So then Cliff says "Hey here's how you make it sound pretty much exactly like FW 9"

And people say "Can't you just make a button for it?"

And then Cliff says "I'll make it a feature for it in the next FW"

And then some people say "Man that's too complicated."

If people keep this up, Cliff is going to stop talking to us lol

This is the kind of information that is truly helpful to us. I find that while I like the liveliness and accuracy of some of the amps for certain styles of playing, after a while the Marshall type fizziness gets extremely tiring. It starts to all sound the same. Its frustrating when you don't know how to dial it out.

But it's only tiring by itself...in a mix it's magic. That's why that tone has been used and is still used in almost every genre to this day.

Back
Top Bottom