Does anyone JUST use an iPad for editing?

Chris, if the MD-bt01 works with new iPad pro with axefx 3, the UD-BT01 will probably work with AX8
maybe i don't know how to use the MD-BT01 because i plugged it into the Axe3, the red light came on, but none of my devices could connect to it. i'll try again when i have more time.

Just so you know, the MD-BT01 works from the midi ports of the AX8. I've tested it. Since the MIDI ports don’t send SYsEx messages it’s no good for FracPad.

I just don't know for sure if the UD-BT01 will work if it's transmitting the USB MIDI from the AX8 because I'm thinking it's the same data that's coming through the cable. And that's not working. That's my question. ??????

Last edited:
maybe i don't know how to use the MD-BT01 because i plugged it into the Axe3, the red light came on, but none of my devices could connect to it. i'll try again when i have more time.
The red light means it's getting power from the MIDI port.

The red light means it's getting power from the MIDI port.
ok i forgot i need midimittr. the Axe3 connects with the MD and FracPad3.

how did you get the AX8 to work with it? i’ve selected the MD in FracPad network dropdown, but it’s not connecting.

how did you get the AX8 to work with it? i’ve selected the MD in FracPad network dropdown, but it’s not connecting.
I upadated the MD-BT01 to version 1.0.4 ,then I opened midimittr, then I pushed devices in the window and selected the MDBT01 and it said “Connected”
I was able to record some PC changes in Cubasis with that. Just as a test

Just so you know, the MD-BT01 works from the midi ports of the AX8. I've tested it.

I just don't know for sure if the UD-BT01 will work if it's transmitting the USB MIDI from the AX8 because I'm thinking it's the same data that's coming through the cable. And that's not working. That's my question. ??????
No it doesn't.
Ax8 midi ports don't support sysex, only basic midi.
Please modify your post not to spread false information

You can't
You need the UD-BT01 for the ax8, said million times

Al, I didn’t say it works for your app. I said it ”works” from the MIDI ports. That means it sends MIDI data which is what it is designed to do. There is nothing false about my post. I also said exactly what I sent and I also said it was done only as a test. Chris said he wasn’t getting it connected. I was only answering his question regarding getting it connected.

Last edited:
Al, I didn’t say it works for your app. I said it ”works” from the MIDI ports. That means it sends MIDI data which is what it is designed to do. There is nothing false about my post. I also said exactly what I sent and I also said it was done only as a test. Chris said he wasn’t getting it connected. I was only answering his question regarding getting it connected.
Yes but it can induce a false understanding of a new user... If it doesn't support all midi it doesn't work

You should probably re-read what I wrote. You’re adding something in there that clearly wasn’t stated.

You should probably re-read what I wrote. You’re adding something in there that clearly wasn’t stated.
I understand but as i said it may not be clear to new users, that's why you should modify to be more explicit.
Now let's move on, too much time lost already ;)

Just so you know, the MD-BT01 works from the midi ports of the AX8. I've tested it.

I’m not nitpicking, but I will say I did read this as “the MD works for controlling the AX8 via FracPad.” Since our conversation is about “making FracPad work”, your statement in this context makes it appear you mean the MD works for FracPad.

Just letting you know how it’s coming across.

I see that now. What I was doing is trying to find out exactly what did and didn’t work on the AX8 and the iPad Pro (Nov 2018). I know what the AX8 sends from it’s MIDI ports and from the USB bus. Sorry for the confusion. As Al said, “Time to move on”

Just to update this Matt Picone replied that they don’t support MIDI on any iOS devices so I’m not expecting any help from them on this. Hopefully Apple will do something about this. If anyone else has a Nov 2018 iPad Pro with the Yamaha UD BT-01 it would be nice to know if it works. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom