Does anyone JUST use an iPad for editing?

I'll wait to see how Chris does with his iPad Pro 11" and his AX8. That one is the same generation as mine.

So I just tried my AX8 with my iPhone 7 and a Lightening Camera kit interface and FracPad works fine on this. So it's not the AX8, it's not my USB cable, ( used the same one) It's not my USB-C to USB adaptor, ( works fine with my NanoKontrol.) and I doubt it's the iPad Pro because the NanoKontrol works as expected with that.

I think it has something to do with how FracPad works or (doesn't work) with the new USB-C port on the new iPad Pros 2018.

I think it has something to do with how FracPad works or (doesn't work) with the new USB-C port on the new iPad Pros 2018.
probably specific to the AX8 as well, since it worked with the Axe-Fx III no problem (latest version of the app).

So I just tried my AX8 with my iPhone 7 and a Lightening Camera kit interface and FracPad works fine on this. So it's not the AX8, it's not my USB cable, ( used the same one) It's not my USB-C to USB adaptor, ( works fine with my NanoKontrol.) and I doubt it's the iPad Pro because the NanoKontrol works as expected with that.

FracPad has nothing to do with that, it just displays the midi ports the system knows. Beeing usb-c or usb-z changes nothing AT ALL, the system handles that.
I have numerous customers using iPad pro, so the problem is definitely not FracPad...
Here your system doesn't see the ax8, it's an apple or hardware problem.
Try another midi software and you'll see if it sees the ax8 .
Also uninstall the other midi softwares, could be them not correctly releasing the midi port

Last edited:
i just got to try it.

the AX8 does not connect with the new iPad Pro 11" (released November 2018). the Axe3 does. same USB to USB-C cable - no adaptors.
Thanks Chris. I'll stop trying to figure out what's wrong with "my" system. :)

The AX8 USB port is ending SysEx. Is that correct?

the device just released last week. many apps and other things aren’t working properly with it, like usual after any new OS or device.

i don’t expect anything work, honestly :D

Back
Top Bottom