Does anybody *not* like the Atomic CLR?

The CLR is a phenomenal speaker. And I've had a number of great interactions on a customer service level from Tom (and Jace). This seems like an oddly basic product to have long parts shortages on, though.

I’ve got a neo CLR, an AX8 and several amps/cabs. Every so often I set up my CLR side by side with my fave 1x12 cab to dial in tones. Amp/cab gets the fx send output (pre IR) and the CLR gets post IR, using an AX8 IR that is reasonably close to my cab EQ wise.

CLR sounds great and since that’s my direct FOH signal for gigs I’m confident it will sound good through any decent PA.

But when I A/B with my 1x12 guitar cab it seems to always win. Sounds and feels that I love even more through the real cab. Just the way it is.

Well, according to Andertons, they don't think that Atomic are going out of business, since they just received other products from them. Speculation is about NAMM and a possible successor to the CLR.
There is a huge difference in them saying it IS discontinued & they THINK it might be discontinued. I just sent a PM to Jace on TGP about it so hopefully he will get back to me & we can deal in facts, not speculation. Also, why would Jace send an email 9 days ago saying they are expected early net year if they were discontinued or replaced by a new model?

There is a huge difference in them saying it IS discontinued & they THINK it might be discontinued. I just sent a PM to Jace on TGP about it so hopefully he will get back to me & we can deal in facts, not speculation. Also, why would Jace send an email 9 days ago saying they are expected early net year if they were discontinued or replaced by a new model?
Andertons say that it IS discontinued for a fact, an that they THINK that Atomic isn't going out business just because the CLR is not available anymore.

Reactions: ESW
Andertons say that it IS discontinued for a fact, an that they THINK that Atomic isn't going out business just because the CLR is not available anymore.
So a retailer in the UK has first hand knowledge of what an American company is doing when a rep of said American company sent an email to a customer 9 days ago saying the ARE on the way & should be available again early next year?!?!?!? Really LOL!

It's somewhat academic. Nobody has been able to buy a new CLR for a very long time.

It's been my direct experience that Atomic strings customers along with vague promises (particularly in one-on-one interactions) that they never deliver on.

They've been unavailable for so long that it's hard to take them seriously.
...and there you go.

I know some people have good experiences with Atomic, but I think that company is flaky as heck.
It's somewhat academic. Nobody has been able to buy a new CLR for a very long time.

It's been my direct experience that Atomic strings customers along with vague promises (particularly in one-on-one interactions) that they never deliver on.
Wow, three jabs in one page......tell us how you really feel.......

So the CLR, CLR Neo, CLR Neo MKII, Amplifire 3, 6 & 12 & Amplifire Box never came out? Seems to me your statement is patently false. Does the fact that no one has an FM3 yet put Fractal in that same category?

I'm just forwarding information. I sincerely hope it's not discontinued, because I was just about to order another one. I have sent another email to Andertons, just to be absolutely certain they mean the CLR MKII neo wedge. In case it's just a mix-up or something.

Everyone needs to calm down. Products don’t get made forever. That doesn’t make them bad products. Maybe the CLR is being replaced. MAYBE they dumped too much resources into those amplifire boxes and just want to focus their business on that. Maybe the cost to produce CLR’s and put them in the supply chain isn’t worth it on the front-end. Maybe there’s a supply problem with thise magnets. Maybe there’s too much competition now in a space they essentially pioneered and it’s time to get out of that market. Maybe there’s a lot of overstock in the supply chain and the overall demand is low.
Stay off the Jump To Conclusions Mat.

1577561240144.jpeg

Everyone needs to calm down. Products don’t get made forever. That doesn’t make them bad products. Maybe the CLR is being replaced. MAYBE they dumped too much resources into those amplifire boxes and just want to focus their business on that. Maybe the cost to produce CLR’s and put them in the supply chain isn’t worth it on the front-end. Maybe there’s a supply problem with thise magnets. Maybe there’s too much competition now in a space they essentially pioneered and it’s time to get out of that market.
Hopefully I will hear from Jace & we can deal with facts, not maybes.

Hopefully I will hear from Jace & we can deal with facts, not maybes.
The maybes are just as valid as the third-party delivered half-facts from Anderton’s. Let’s all try to keep in mind that at the end of the day they’re just a retailer with a YouTube channel, shall we?

The maybes are just as valid as the third-party delivered half-facts from Anderton’s. Let’s all try to keep in mind that at the end of the day they’re just a retailer with a YouTube channel, shall we?
My point is NONE of that is valid until there are facts to back it up.

Back
Top Bottom