Does anybody *not* like the Atomic CLR?

One of my non neo CLRs is having an issue again. Only the tweeter is working,but the 12" speaker isn't. I used to be able to fixed that by switching the input selector back and forth, but that doesn't work anymore. Sent an email to Jace 12 days ago, but I haven't got any response back, yet.

I love my CLRs when they work.

One of my non neo CLRs is having an issue again. Only the tweeter is working,but the 12" speaker isn't. I used to be able to fixed that by switching the input selector back and forth, but that doesn't work anymore. Sent an email to Jace 12 days ago, but I haven't got any response back, yet.

I love my CLRs when they work.
Sent email over a month crickets

I’ve had one Neo for two years, it sounds great and I’m on the waiting list for a second one. Atomic sent me the following update email on Dec 19th, so hopefully more parts coming in soon...

The last ETA I received was “by the end of the year.”
It seems unlikely now considering the date.
My best guess is after NAMM.
Late January, early February.
I’m so sorry for the long wait.

Weird - I didn't get an update. How long have you been on the list?

Atomic posted this today on TGP:

CLR Availability Update:

Atomic had CLR stock as recently as a month ago but it got snapped up almost immediately by people who have been on the list for the longest - as has been the case recently.

Another batch just hit our US warehouse last week and it will be QC'd and tested this week. Reserve list invitations will start to go out towards the end of this week. This batch will also probably evaporate very quickly.

There is yet another larger production run just completed that will be in transit by the middle of this week. This batch (expected to start shipping to customers in early February) should get us through the remainder of the current reserve list. This will bring us back to a more continuous stock status.
It looks like due to the trade war tariffs, we'll need to raise the price of the CLR in 2020. We are committed, however, to hold pricing for customers who are on the list who take advantage the offer when they receive it.

For the record, prior to going out of stock earlier this year we had continuous supply of CLRs for over 2 years (no long periods without stock). Issues with suppliers and the trade war created some unexpected issues last year but we've taken the necessary steps to minimize the risk of this happening again.

Thanks to Atomic's loyal customers and CLR fans for their continued support!

So, there's that.

CLR Availability Update:

Atomic had CLR stock as recently as a month ago but it got snapped up almost immediately by people who have been on the list for the longest - as has been the case recently.

Another batch just hit our US warehouse last week and it will be QC'd and tested this week. Reserve list invitations will start to go out towards the end of this week. This batch will also probably evaporate very quickly.

There is yet another larger production run just completed that will be in transit by the middle of this week. This batch (expected to start shipping to customers in early February) should get us through the remainder of the current reserve list. This will bring us back to a more continuous stock status.
It looks like due to the trade war tariffs, we'll need to raise the price of the CLR in 2020. We are committed, however, to hold pricing for customers who are on the list who take advantage the offer when they receive it.

For the record, prior to going out of stock earlier this year we had continuous supply of CLRs for over 2 years (no long periods without stock). Issues with suppliers and the trade war created some unexpected issues last year but we've taken the necessary steps to minimize the risk of this happening again.

So, there's that.
Great to hear! So much for CLR's being discontinued LOL!

I’m disapointed too in Atomic.
I have two clr’s and started out with one.
This One had a broken amp within a few months.
I e-mailed Tom and had a quick reply.
the amp was replaced within a week, That was very good.
But te same amp was broken again within a year.
again I emailed Tom and he repleyed That I had to mail to ireland.
never heard from them, So i emailed a few times more but not a reply ever since.

I think That is not very good support, even for a small business.
Not sure if there even is a departement in Ireland anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️

hope i can fix it someday, it is biting dust now ☹️

Reactions: ESW
Well, that clears that up. I have no idea where the guy at Andertons got his info (he must have misunderstood me or was simply mistaken). Anyway, I apologise for any part I had in this confusion. Now, time to order a second CLR!

I have never bonded with the horn-loaded FRFR sound. I owned and used Atomic wedges and Matrix Neolight with an ENGL 840/50 power amp. I also owned the powered Mission Engineering Gemini cab. When I A/B’ed with a traditional guitar cab + Matrix power amp it was no contest for me. YMMV. It’s been several years and I’m still using Matrix + 2x12 Alnico Blue Open-back cab from Avatar.

I like my CLR Neo but have never “loved” it tbh. I was A/B’ing the CLR this afternoon with a Boss Katana using the AX8 into the effects return of the Katana. The Katana had more chug and fullness at equal volume levels, which I think is due to the open back of the Katana. I keep the CLR in back line position but did notice that changing the DSP setting to floor (too much bass) and pole mount (better) both improved the fullness of the sound.

Full disclosure, I’ve sold a CLR before and am thinking about selling again if they weren’t so expensive to ship.

Last edited:
I like my CLR Neo but have never “loved” it tbh. I was A/B’ing the CLR this afternoon with a Boss Katana using the AX8 into the effects return of the Katana. The Katana had more chug and fullness at equal volume levels, which I think is due to the open back of the Katana. I keep the CLR in back line position but did notice that changing it to floor (too much bass) and pole mount (better) both improved the fullness of the sound.

Full disclosure, I’ve sold a CLR before and am thinking about selling again if they weren’t so expensive to ship.
Is the Katana cab FRFR? If not, you're comparing apples and oranges...

CLR Availability Update:

So, there's that.

I've been on their list for over a year now. No updates, no communication at all. Crickets. Went for XiTones instead...

Reactions: ESW
I've been on their list for over a year now. No updates, no communication at all. Crickets. Went for XiTones instead...

Yeah, the most generous interpretation is that Atomic is severely understaffed. I'll probably go with the Xitones too.

What I want:
Coaxial design
Plenty of power
Good to great dispersion
Some dsp to allow for placement/positioning
Additional onboard basic eq controls would be nice
Not to have to spend much more than $500+

I think I am probably not going to be able to fulfill my wishlist :(

What I want:
Coaxial design
Plenty of power
Good to great dispersion

You might one day get your wish. Your requirements don’t mention audio quality. ;)

You might one day get your wish. Your requirements don’t mention audio quality. ;)
Actually; a less cube-y Duece Deluxe with a coax speaker that actually puts out the advertised wattage would be close to doing the trick. Provided the dispersion was decent enough. I honestly didn't start looking at powered monitors until I started setting up my SY300 and remembered how much better synths sound through a powered monitor versus a pair of t75s :(

Also; a Powercab would fit the bill other than the Plenty of power and (most likely great dispersion request). Flat as a CLR but actually available to purchase is the unfortunate ultimate deal breaker in this conversation.

What I want:
Coaxial design
Plenty of power
Good to great dispersion

^^^ This, plus smallish and light weight, though I realize the $$$ piece of that is mostly likely fantasy. I'd have to wait a while to do a pair of Neos if they WERE available, but they're not, so

had two neos at one time...total failures. don't get me started. :confused:
How about the short version?

Reactions: JTI
Back
Top Bottom