• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Does anybody *not* like the Atomic CLR?

EricGlass

Have you tried the Laney LFR-112?

Tons of power, ported back, and a shit ton of throw.
Clear, Flat, Resonant.

Fairly heavy, cause they're built well, and you don't want a loud cabinet buzzing or rumbling on the floor.
They position up or sideways, tilted or not.

$350 a piece
Sure would like to see exactly where you are seeing them @ that price. Reverb has them @ almost double that as well as others.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I have two CLRs, they're fantastic speakers. They're exceptionally clear and flat, and sound just as good at night time ultra quiet volumes as they do at live volume, just like any great monitor should.

Once I called Atomic to ask a question or two and ended up speaking with Tom King at length about speakers in general, guitar tone, etc. The guy was super nice and personable, and I had a great time talking shop with him.

Absolutely zero complaints from me. Really top notch company.
Really glad you like and have had a great experience with Tom. I found his service less than desirable. He was hard to get ahold of and I was not confident of the longevity of his product.

rickboot

Power User
Thanks but Pinco Tech is in the USA and quoted a price in USD. You linked a site in England that says "Non-EU country: goods are subject to customs duty and tax" nor does that include Value-Added-Tax (VAT) nor does that site have any in stock or say when they will.
I am in the USA. Thomann will ship to the US.

PincoTech

Inspired
Thanks but Pinco Tech is in the USA and quoted a price in USD. You linked a site in England that says "Non-EU country: goods are subject to customs duty and tax" nor does that include Value-Added-Tax (VAT) nor does that site have any in stock or say when they will.
I bought them on Reverb.com
I believe they’re made in the UK, and available worldwide.

PincoTech

Inspired
Sure would like to see exactly where you are seeing them @ that price. Reverb has them @ almost double that as well as others.
I just looked up my purchases. They were $449, $472 w tax each, free shipping, as seen in my screenshot below. Bought them (new) in October, 2019

For some reason, The price seems to be jumping. I see prices like $672. Glad I got them when I did

Attachments

Top Bottom