Do You Hear a Difference

Do You Hear a Difference

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
negligible difference ... I had to play the clips several times to hear it, and I am not sure if it's placebo or not ..
but for sure, if you have to play something several times and try to hear the difference it's ridiculously close
and not worth to pay attention to, because in a musical sentence it would not be audible at all ..

and I really didn't like one over the other I just thought I heard a slight difference between the first and the second
clip in the "reversed" example .. it could be a brain thing ..

that's my 2 cents .. fwiw

I am not a professional musician so I might be off

;)

Without my placebo pills i am really unable to hear any differences. Checked via headphones (AKG K271) and switched shortly for- and backwards. Sound the same.

sounds the same to me on my comp speakers. I would like to note, however, that these speakers pretty much suck for critical listening. When I first got the axe fx Ultra, I thought several of the knobs didn't do anything because I couldn't hear wtf was changing... until I got my atomics and everything was revealed.

How do we know wich link everybody is refering to. They are reversed , right ?
I suppose we all should refere to the first link ...

"triaxis_comp_reversed" sounds slightly rounder and a tiny bit louder to me when listening on headphones, especially on the first note of the riff, but again, this is only noticicable with lots of a/b ieng both files.
for me as a guitar-player i doesnt really matter..

I agree with Marcus. There is no difference and anyone who says that there is I think is hearing things because of the power of suggestion. In either case, I sincerely doubt that in a mix, live with the rest of the band that there would be any way to discern which is the amp and which is the AXE FX. They are that close.

I don't hear a difference. I'd play either rig happily. If there is a difference it would be imperceptible in any live or recorded mix.

I think I hear a minimal difference. I'd say the 2nd part of the 1st clip sounds a bit rounder/chewier. That makes me believe that is the real Triaxes.
Both sound awesome ofcourse!

"triaxis_comp_reversed" sounds slightly rounder and a tiny bit louder to me when listening on headphones, especially on the first note of the riff, but again, this is only noticicable with lots of a/b ieng both files.
for me as a guitar-player i doesnt really matter..

So much A/B-ing perhaps that you may have failed to notice that each clip features both the amp and the sim... one after the other... then swapped around for the alternate clip

Back
Top Bottom