Do we have Global EQ presets on the III?

OK, to clarify another aspect. AXE FX III has 4 outputs. My question is does each output have their own Amp: Enable/Disable and same with Speaker Emulation Enable/Disable?

OK, to clarify another aspect. AXE FX III has 4 outputs. My question is does each output have their own Amp: Enable/Disable and same with Speaker Emulation Enable/Disable?
Each output will faithfully reproduce whatever you send it from the grid. It’s up to you whether you send it a signal chain that includes an Amp or Cab block.

I could see this being something extended beyond just the EQs. The idea of venue/configuration presets would be pretty useful. I could see it encapsulating things like:
  • Reverb/Effects mix
  • Power amp/cab sims on/off
  • The output EQs
  • Output config - send/return levels, stereo/sum/copy L/R, copy Out1->Out2, etc.
  • Input pad
  • Controller config
Imagine being able to easily go from using it for an active bass in 4cm with a mono bass amp/cab and then easily switch the config for a passive guitar using output 1 stereo to FOH and output 2 summed to mono to a FRFR monitor.

Come to think of it, I would actually really like this for the AX-8 as well.

I could see this being something extended beyond just the EQs. The idea of venue/configuration presets would be pretty useful. I could see it encapsulating things like:
  • Reverb/Effects mix
  • Power amp/cab sims on/off
  • The output EQs
  • Output config - send/return levels, stereo/sum/copy L/R, copy Out1->Out2, etc.
  • Input pad
  • Controller config
Imagine being able to easily go from using it for an active bass in 4cm with a mono bass amp/cab and then easily switch the config for a passive guitar using output 1 stereo to FOH and output 2 summed to mono to a FRFR monitor.

Come to think of it, I would actually really like this for the AX-8 as well.
Those are called "Presets" ;)

It would be neat, for those that need it, to have a bank of global output EQ's so when you get to a venue you've played before, you can just pull up the EQ you made the last time you were there.

3rd gig at the Houston House of Blues? Head over to the global EQ, pick the output going to the FOH, and pull up the Htown HOB EQ preset you made the first time you played there. Boom, done.

Not my style, I prefer this to happen at the board level, but it could be nice as an option.

Not really. All the things that @hippietim listed are global parameters. He’s suggesting global presets that would put all these global things under a single umbrella that can be recalled quickly, which I think would be cool.
I agree it would be cool... And some of those things are "system" settings, but not all.

EQ, Reverb/Effects mix, controller config, output routing can all be done inside a preset, too.

I agree it would be cool... And some of those things are "system" settings, but not all.

EQ, Reverb/Effects mix, controller config, output routing can all be done inside a preset, too.

Of course. And after over 10 years of using Fractal processors I’m pretty well versed in this stuff, as is Rex. And you’ve been around long enough to know all of this as well. So I don’t get what your point here is at all. Are you just trying to debate for the sake of it or are you actually missing the point? Because editing a bunch of presets to suit every environment and configuration you use is nothing like adjusting a couple global settings to achieve things like increasing the Reverb mix for a particularly dry room and/or cutting some low end on a boomy stage or switching from a 4CM bass rig to running direct.

If this stuff doesn’t matter to you that’s fine - I’m sure it won’t matter to a lot of people. However, having these environmental presets would be very useful to some of us. I know these sorts of presets have been a huge time savings with our digital mixer. We always saved presets for different venues once things are dialed in - it makes subsequent shows that much quicker to setup.

Of course. And after over 10 years of using Fractal processors I’m pretty well versed in this stuff, as is Rex. And you’ve been around long enough to know all of this as well. So I don’t get what your point here is at all. Are you just trying to debate for the sake of it or are you actually missing the point? Because editing a bunch of presets to suit every environment and configuration you use is nothing like adjusting a couple global settings to achieve things like increasing the Reverb mix for a particularly dry room and/or cutting some low end on a boomy stage or switching from a 4CM bass rig to running direct.

If this stuff doesn’t matter to you that’s fine - I’m sure it won’t matter to a lot of people. However, having these environmental presets would be very useful to some of us. I know these sorts of presets have been a huge time savings with our digital mixer. We always saved presets for different venues once things are dialed in - it makes subsequent shows that much quicker to setup.
I definitely understand what the point is.

My point is that having "environmental presets" is not all that different from "Regular" presets. You are making a set of changes for a given environment that you can call up at will.

Your mixer analogy doesn't really translate, because you are saving a preset, not an environmental preset. It isn't a layer on top of your settings, it IS your settings... I use the same thing.

Anyway, as I said, I agree they would be useful. I'm merely saying you can do similar things with presets.

Global EQ is going to be different all the time. Temp, humidity, size of the audience etc all affects things so why not just dial it in for the specific event. After while you'll know what you need to do quite easily. As for for verb, delay mix etc, I use exp pedals and blend differently from song to song, night to night, venue to venue.

I can however see the value in output settings being stored for 4cm, frfr.

Back
Top Bottom