Didgeridoo?

mrphlurph

Inspired
I was recently asked by a fellow musician if I could come up with a sound to try and emulate a didgeridoo. I’m messing around with the formant block and trying to get tie some of the syllable sounds tied to a pedal. Anyone have any ideas how to get in the ballpark of the guttural and powerful sound of a Digeridoo. Any ideas and/or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah, it’s kinda a tough thing to emulate. I’m gonna keep trying. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

here's a very quick first try. the tone isn't right, it needs eq'ing or filtering a bit more and i think the vowel sounds are wrong too

it plays by itself when you unmute the volume block

HA! That is amazing for a "quick try", brother, your creativity and abilities are wonderful to see and hear!

Create a droning noise somehow. distorted, bass heavy. Low open guitar note with a ompressor, or a synth drone.
Add a filter with a high resonance that is randomly sweeping, or chain it to a pedal.

ok, here's a slightly better effort.

i did a tonematch with this recording of some real digeridoos... Digeridoo

you will need to import the "Digeridoo Tonematch" IR into a user slot in your axe fx and then load it into the IR player block that's in the preset

and i managed to get some of the breath accents. it might need to be a bit more dynamic, but as usual, i ran out of lfo's

nb, it plays by itself when you unmute the volume block

here's what it sounds like

Digeridoo Axe FX

not too bad, i reckon! a fun experiment and once again....the axe fx comes through. :)

Attachments

• Didgeridoo.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Digeridoo Tonematch.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

i did a tonematch with this recording... Digeridoo

you will need to import the "Digeridoo Tonematch" IR into a user slot in your axe fx and then load it into the IR player block that's in the preset

and i managed to get some of the breath accents. it might need to be a bit more dynamic, but as usual, i ran out of lfo's

Digeridoo Axe FX

not too bad, i reckon! a fun experiment and once again....the axe fx comes through. :)
That sound file is hilariously good. 😂
It literally made me laugh out loud.

i did a tonematch with this recording of some real digeridoos... Digeridoo

Digeridoo Axe FX

What an absolute legend... well done!!!

I was recently asked by a fellow musician if I could come up with a sound to try and emulate a didgeridoo. I’m messing around with the formant block and trying to get tie some of the syllable sounds tied to a pedal. Anyone have any ideas how to get in the ballpark of the guttural and powerful sound of a Digeridoo. Any ideas and/or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!
Maybe you could try incorporating the impulse response player & some digeridoo IR's.
Mix that in w/ your formant & possibly some foot controlled LFO or sweep for the movement.
Add some delay to follow the BPM your foot pedal movement to get that cyclic, chugga-chugga (for lack of a better term, lol) effect happening.
Definitely seems possible.

This is f-in cool! Great job Simeon...a master for sure. I like Planta's Idea and will give that a whirl. I also added in some guitar tone to play over the Didgeridoo. THANKFUL MAN!!! Love it.

Attachments

• Didgeridoo2.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom