Dialing a Dual Rec help?

Ok so for the life of me I cannot dial a nice dual rectifier tone. Can someone help me out a bit advice wise?

My signal chain is my stock Prs Custom 24 into the axe fx ii into my sennhiser HD 205 headphones. Im getting great diezel, AC30 and 5153 tones but the dual rec tones is really bothering me :-x

Helping you is much easier with:

1. description what exactly you dislike
2. description/example how it should sound like
3. provide a clip
4. provide your patch

Thanks cliff, I do see what you mean, but the frustrating part is Ive consistently great high gain tones with various rectifiers before (triple recto, mini recto, roadster, post 2010 dual rec.....) so I know the the amp has tones I like, and Im not saying the amp models are inaccurate, I just feel as though Im missing something.

Ill try to figure out how to post my patch up tonight and Ill try to find a good clip of what I want but the problem is this overbearing flub even when I cut under 70Hz with the cab block, the natural compression seems too open, adjusting compression parameter just squashes it too quickly and Im just not getting that hugeness Ive gotten with the real thing

You got the mv at 3.5? Use the gain and the input trim in conjunction. Try input trim at about 4 to start with.

You got the mv at 3.5? Use the gain and the input trim in conjunction. Try input trim at about 4 to start with.

Um no, Ive left the MV at its default which I think is 5 right? Could that be my problem?
Ill try lowering the MV and adjusting input trim tonight then

use a tubescreamer in front if it's too "loose" sounding for you and the compression is squashing too fast try lowering the sag down to almost nothing.
what kind of Recto sound are you going for? ther are many flavors that require quite different settings and which recto amp model are you using (very important)
graphic EQ to get the "tone" you're after PEQ with a hi/low blocking settings to kille the Fizz and the boom.

Try these as a starter:

These may need some tweaking, my room is bass heavy, but these should be some damn heavy thick rectified patches, let me know

use a tubescreamer in front if it's too "loose" sounding for you and the compression is squashing too fast try lowering the sag down to almost nothing.
what kind of Recto sound are you going for? ther are many flavors that require quite different settings and which recto amp model are you using (very important)
graphic EQ to get the "tone" you're after PEQ with a hi/low blocking settings to kille the Fizz and the boom.

Well the boost is one of the first things I did but It just seemed to tighten up the bottom end too much (stock 808 settings)

I dont know Ill play with it more tonight and Ill usethe patches posted, hopefully i can figure this out

The best recto'ish sound, IMHO, is easiest dialed from FAS modern.
I've owned both dual and triple rectos and the axe rectifier sims is pretty accurate but I prefer FAS modern.

For a tight metal sound, a drive boost is mandatory (just like the real ones)

try the Eternal Love instead of the TS808 too , I use it quite a bit on my higher gain patches.
Kostein has a really really good Recto Patch (he has shared it with me but I don't know if he's cool with me sharing it)
but pm him it's one of the best recto partches I've heard yet (really good for stuff like DT's "Train of Thought ")

A rookie once went up to Ted Williams and said, "Ted, I just can't hit an inside curve ball. What should I do?". Ted responded, "Don't swing at it".
...so that poor rookie never did learn how to hit an inside curve ball, because he never again swung at one. Cost him a few strikes in his career, I imagine. :)

Well the boost is one of the first things I did but It just seemed to tighten up the bottom end too much (stock 808 settings)

I dont know Ill play with it more tonight and Ill usethe patches posted, hopefully i can figure this out

The trick to the boost is to drop the drive to 0 and push the level as far as you can without clipping.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom