Deluxe! Vid and free patch.

A Deluxe Reverb turned up is a potent little beast. I think most live their lives completely underutilized as pedal platforms, but turn it up and plug straight in and they can sing. I had two original Blackface Deluxes that I wish I’d never sold… ah, the silly things we’d do when young and something shiny has captured our attention!

There's little you can't do with a Deluxe (Re)Verb. This preset aims to demonstrate just how potent an adventurously dialled-in DR can be. Rock on.

Download: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10364

Video demo.

Yes. Great little amps that SCREAM when dimed. Roll back the guitar volume to clean up for rhythm, and add a nice drive to punch it in the nose for those over-the-top moments....

A Deluxe Reverb turned up is a potent little beast. I think most live their lives completely underutilized as pedal platforms, but turn it up and plug straight in and they can sing. I had two original Blackface Deluxes that I wish I’d never sold…

I have a '66 Deluxe Noun (no 'verb ) I picked up in the '90s sometime for $400, and it's a keeper. I converted the opto-roach tremolo to bias-mod, as it's smoother and more musical, it doesn't load the Vibrato channel down, and both channels get tremolo now. An A/B switch in front of the two channels can work for rhythm/lead switching, with the Vibrato channel for rhythm and the Normal channel for leads, when diming the thing is too loud. Lots of options with that little guy, and it's relatively light and easy to carry....

ah, the silly things we’d do when young and something shiny has captured our attention!

<le sigh>
Yeah, I know this song by heart. Soooooo many things that should've stuck around but didn't.

Highlights:
'70s Orange OR120 Overdrive head.
'84 Mk IIC Boogie (probably one of the earliest IIC+ models, based on the pull switches it had), SN #12118.
'95 Hamer Special, cherry red.

Too many more to list or even remember.

Plus, a huge list of "shoulda bought __ instead of __" as well.... :D

Last edited:
Lately, I've been really digging both the Normal and Bass channels of the '65 Bassguy. The original "one channel's a Fender the other's (kind-of) a Marshall" amp. Crank that up to around 8-9, and it works great with the guitar volume or a volpan in front of the amp. The Custom 24 with 59/09s really shines through it, although pretty much everything I put through it sounds great.

To think I could've bought a pile of 'em for $99 each (just the heads) back in the late '80s at Zapf's in Philly. They had a literal wall built of stacked piggyback Bassman heads, probably 25-30 feet long and 3-4 feet high.

I had a nice '60s Bandmaster/Bassman 2x12" cab for a while in the '90s with the tilt-back legs. Not sure where it went. Played the AZ State Fair through it in '94, as well as a ton of other gigs. Probably ended up trading it in on something else, as I had a Kustom 4x12, a Carvin 4x12, and a few other iterations of gear back then at various points in time....

It won't be long before I have an entire bank of your presets. Your presets work so well for my gear and playing style. Thanks again for all you do!!!
It won't be long before I have an entire bank of your presets. Your presets work so well for my gear and playing style. Thanks again for all you do!!!
I’m not far from it :)

I don’t even need to tweak @Burgs presets for volume - his volume settings are exactly somehow the same as mine.

There's little you can't do with a Deluxe (Re)Verb. This preset aims to demonstrate just how potent an adventurously dialled-in DR can be. Rock on.

Download: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10364

Video demo.

So chewy, love it. I have 66 Deluxe Reverb. It is an amazing amp. Although my favorite Fender I have is the 66 Princeton Reverb. Superb preset. I agree about the multiband, it really bring out the character of the amp model.

So chewy, love it. I have 66 Deluxe Reverb. It is an amazing amp. Although my favorite Fender I have is the 66 Princeton Reverb. Superb preset. I agree about the multiband, it really bring out the character of the amp model.
Almost had a '65 Princeton Reverb years ago, but was broke when it was available....

Lately, I've been really digging both the Normal and Bass channels of the '65 Bassguy. The original "one channel's a Fender the other's (kind-of) a Marshall" amp. Crank that up to around 8-9, and it works great with the guitar volume or a volpan in front of the amp. The Custom 24 with 59/09s really shines through it, although pretty much everything I put through it sounds great.

To think I could've bought a pile of 'em for $99 each (just the heads) back in the late '80s at Zapf's in Philly. They had a literal wall built of stacked piggyback Bassman heads, probably 25-30 feet long and 3-4 feet high.

I had a nice '60s Bandmaster/Bassman 2x12" cab for a while in the '90s with the tilt-back legs. Not sure where it went. Played the AZ State Fair through it in '94, as well as a ton of other gigs. Probably ended up trading it in on something else, as I had a Kustom 4x12, a Carvin 4x12, and a few other iterations of gear back then at various points in time....
$99?! OMG. The things we can't foresee, eh?

Amps tend to be a bit like socks, their ability to vanish without trace not realised until they're looked for. Kind of a quantum disentanglement situation on a larger scale...🧐😜
The mulit-band comp on the clean channel is weridly magical. It doesn't seem to be doing a ton of work, but it definitely makes that scene sparkle a bunch more.
Yes, I can't remember where I picked that one up but it works a treat. I dropped the bottom-end section of that block by a couple of Db to tighten it up too.
Another stellar sounding preset.....

Just as an aside.....loving the new backgrounds of your vids.......View attachment 122221
Haha! Thanks. I'm just disguising the god-awful mess behind me as I'm packing to move after 25 years. Challenging job it is, too...
It's Pavlovian. I see a Burgs preset and I start salivating. 🤤

Nailed it, as always. Thank you!
Thanks for giving it a shot!
Happy to help and glad you're digging them. Thanks for the encouraging feedback!
Downloaded just for Sc 1. That Comp makes a big difference! Thanks.
Yes, that's a simple but highly effective trick. I can't remember who to thank for leading me down that path, but someone inspired it...
Interesting addition of D120 in the DynaCab…I would have never thought of that, but it does something magical to the preset! Thanks
Its inclusion just opens up the headroom a little and adds a bit more dimension. An easy enough enhancement and yet another reason why I love the Axe-FX III so much.

Magic!!!! Thank's heaps for sharing. One of my main presets is based on one of your earlier Deluxe presets so looking forward to firing this one up. Always appreciate your input, ability and generosity.

Back
Top Bottom