Deluxe Verb crunch clean.

Sounds amazing! I am on the waiting list for the AxeFX II however we are looking at moving house and the new mortgage will probably mean that I can afford it :( I still love my AxeFX Ultra and will carry on with that.

Keep these awesome clips coming as I love listening :)

Spence

Negotiate a II into the closing costs! :)

Ok, I know this will not be an easy question to ask, but I gotta ask it.

How would anyone go about using "some" of the secrets from that preset on an Ultra?

I know this thread is sorta reserved for the elite that are armed with a II, but I've been struggling to coax a good Fender tone out of my Ultra forever, and this sounds closer than I've ever heard. Of course, I'm disappointed that this wasn't done on an Ultra... but if the II is ever-so-better than an Ultra, still an Ultra should be able to approach this, albeit without fully reaching the goal, no?

Any tips for an Ultra owner?

Sounds amazing! I am on the waiting list for the AxeFX II however we are looking at moving house and the new mortgage will probably mean that I can afford it :( I still love my AxeFX Ultra and will carry on with that.

Keep these awesome clips coming as I love listening :)

Spence

You mean "can't" afford it?
C'mon Spence, we need you. Just nail the II firmly to the wall, add to your real estate value and increase the mortgage amount with its value. :)

You mean "can't" afford it?
C'mon Spence, we need you. Just nail the II firmly to the wall, add to your real estate value and increase the mortgage amount with its value. :)

Thanks Yek :) I'll do my best, have to justify but I think my Mrs would leave me :( let's see what happens when my name comes up.

I think a little compression is the right choice for this style...especially if it is to sit well in a full mix.
Because your playing and tone is so great, I honestly felt like the delay was a bit too much and a bit distracting from all the cool stuff you were doing. With a player of your caliber, I think just a touch of delay will get the effect you're after, but without distracting the listener from what's happening now...if that makes sense.

damn fine playing,
Steve

You're right, I thought maybe being in the total mix of the song....(This track is just the guide for other musicians, I am preparing my first instrumental album, and this track is included) .. there are drums, bass, and surely some keyboard and percussion ... as when I go to record the final guitar track for the song, I will have to find the right tone, single guitar track was perhaps better off without delay and only with a nice reverb.

Thanks for your comments!

Regards.

Many thanks to all !!

...Delux sim in the axe fx II, is extremely dynamic, .

That is good news to me even though I don't own a II yet. I do own a 64 Super Reverb which sounds similar (Fenderish anyway), but it is so dynamic its hard to play live and get loud because it hurts the ears when you dig in, even just a little. Alternatively when I try to cop that clean Fender sound my Ultra always sounds a little compressed to my ears. Even though I actually like compression most of the time its nice to know I'll be able to get rid of it when desired. Other than that my Ultra sounds fantastic if not perfect for my use. If it compresses higher gain patches a little I don't really mind because that's the nature of tubes working hard anyway.

Also those Fralins are great pickups and your playing is superb.

Last edited:
You're right, I thought maybe being in the total mix of the song....(This track is just the guide for other musicians, I am preparing my first instrumental album, and this track is included) .. there are drums, bass, and surely some keyboard and percussion ... as when I go to record the final guitar track for the song, I will have to find the right tone, single guitar track was perhaps better off without delay and only with a nice reverb.

Thanks for your comments!

Regards.

I am enjoying all of your clips immensely. You are a very gifted musician. I certainly hope you will keep us informed as to the progress of your album. I know that I'll certainly buy a copy for myself and a few for some of my musician friends.

I am enjoying all of your clips immensely. You are a very gifted musician. I certainly hope you will keep us informed as to the progress of your album. I know that I'll certainly buy a copy for myself and a few for some of my musician friends.

Thank you very very much!

I left my band o'funk'illo, a band well known in Spain and South America, with 4 albums edited with Emi music, for new projects, one is my new project called Atomica, alt rock, and my solo album.....I have to work hard to do it all!!!!!!

thank you very much!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom